Author Topic: yesterdays surgery...  (Read 12911 times)

Offline Chorlton

• Silver Member
  • Gyne removed by Mr Levick 2nd Feb 05
    • Before and After Surgery Pics
Uk_bloke,

What you describe is exactly the same as me.  The hard lumps under the armpits (although these are becoming smaller), The numbness of the chest, the twinges and the hardness on the chest.

I am assuming this is the norm.  Any old timers out there who can clarify.

I am still getting used the chest.  I feel good in a tight tee-shirt now.  I did not have my compression vest on for 2 evenings last week as I was out with friends. But I am wearing it all the time now for work.  I am looking forward to working the chest out to build up the muscle a bit.

I am very glad I went through the op.

Chorlton

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
You seem happy with the result Chorlton, and to be honest that makes me a little calmer!

I've been thinking about the compression vest, and the main thing I've decided is that I'll go out alot less, but when I do go out it will be minus the vest. It is quite noticable after all. I think as long as you wear it for the vast majority of time, one or two nights without it won't make any difference.

Anyway, keep in touch; let us all know how things go over the next month or so.

Cheers.
Another happy Levick Lad.

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
To be honest i didnt think the vest is very noticable.  I tried mine on under a tightish Tshirt and hardly saw it.  The way i see it anyway is i never wore tight clothing anyway so another month wearing loose clothing with the vest on wont bother me at all, im gonna keep it on at all times for a good while.
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline uk_bloke

• Bronze Member
    • my pictures
i dont mind wearing the vest at all , its makes me feel protected from knocks at work ,ive only taken it off for 10 minutes at a time to have a shower . it isnt really noticeable under clothes, then again im wearing a tshirt under it, one on top and my work shirt on top of that!can get a bit sweaty though.

something else you guys might find handy is some stuff called ZOFF , these are proper surgical adhesive removal wipes and they get all that sticky stuff you'll be covered in when you get that big bandage off ,they are much better than surgical spirit.my mum got me them from boots where she works ,i dont think they are on the shelves so you'll probably have to ask behind the pharmacy.

rrb, ajp , you guys must be getting close to the big day now.

paul.

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
uk_bloke

I leave for Birmingham tomorrow for surgery on Thursday at 8am :)

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
Yep, I'm in a week today! :o

Good luck RRB.

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help

something else you guys might find handy is some stuff called ZOFF , these are proper surgical adhesive removal wipes and they get all that sticky stuff you'll be covered in when you get that big bandage off ,they are much better than surgical spirit.my mum got me them from boots where she works ,i dont think they are on the shelves so you'll probably have to ask behind the pharmacy.

paul.

My mum went down to Boots to see about that product and they said they dont sell it now :(  Whats the best substitute to use ?

Offline AJP

• Silver Member

Offline uk_bloke

• Bronze Member
    • my pictures
hi guys,

not a bad idea ajp i could have done with a couple when i took that bandage off.

rrb ,it might be worth  trying superdrug or some  other pharmacy ,if not surgical spirit will probably be the next best thing.

as for me im now 18 days post op and things are looking pretty good ,still got some lumpiness and my left side is still quite a bit bigger than the right ,but i hope this is just swelling. my nipples are still very a dark red colour ,which i think is just dried blood under the surface ,though there are a few patches of pinkyness starting to appear .

also have a bit of a ridge near both armpits were the sticky bandage was .

still getting the occassional twinge in various places and cant stretch my arms fully as i get a real tight feeling in the armpits and in the very centre of my chest.

still wearing the vest 24/7 , ive got about another 10 days till i stop wearing it as i spoke to levicks office and was told i need 4 weeks compression from the op .

very happy with the way things are so far ,and anybody reading this whos not sure about surgery ,just do it, you wont regret it .i wish i could have done it 15 years ago.

paul..

p.s . got that england shirt ,looks damn fine ;D

p.p.s.  ive added some newer pics .click on the little house over there .
<---------------------------------------------

Offline Ste

• Posting Member
Hey up UKB

Looking pretty good - you should post a piccy of you in your England top.   :)

also have a bit of a ridge near both armpits were the sticky bandage was .

I think that's pretty normal. I had it - it takes a long time to go down actually. On my left side it's still a little swollen. I think that's where a lot of the stuff is pulled out and doesn't get compressed by the post-op bandage thing.

How's life without teets? I'm loving it. Like you say I wish I'd done it years ago.

Ste

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
Done a google search for "Zoff wipes" can buy them easily online if anyone is needing them.

Offline uk_bloke

• Bronze Member
    • my pictures
hi guys ,

just a quick one , 22 days post op ,is it too early to be concerned about a little bit of fat that seems to be on my left pec ?when i  say fat its nothing compared to what it was before ,its just that the other pec doesnt seem to have any at all .
to be honest im not even sure its fat it just seems to be less firm than the other side .could it be fluid ?
should i be worried or just be patient ?

cheers ,paul

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
Paul

I think you should just be patient, as its been said it takes a good while to all settle down.  Maybe its still a bit swollen compared to the other side ?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024