Author Topic: Booked Surgery with Dr Levick 19/11/2014  (Read 4901 times)

Offline ken979

• Posting Member
Hi everyone,

I new to this forum. I'm been a lurker for 3 to 4 months. I'm ready to have an op  :) I have been putting it off for 2 or 3 months even though I have done research.

I just want some help with some questions:

Is his full name Paul Levick? I rather not make a mistake here hehe

How much is the operation?

Where is the surgery?

How can I contact him?

What is the procedure like to have everything booked: I guess I have a consultation and then book an appointment for surgery. I guess I have to travel there?

How much is it to stay in the rooms?

How many days do I normally stay?

I got so many questions  :D but i start with these.

Thank you  ;)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 05:41:19 PM by ken979 »
I have had surgery with Mr Levick at 19/11/2014

Offline freedom1987

• Bronze Member
Hi, grats on making the first steps to happy times :) Im 18 days post OP now.

His name is Mr Paul Levick
Website is: paullevick .co.uk
Cost of the operation on 03/09/2014 was £4060, consultation is free (web site needs updated).
Operation and the Consultation is done within the grounds of the BMI Priory Hospital in Birmingham.
You contact his team via Email from his website.

Everything starts with the consultation and if you want you can reserve a date on that day, they will want payment before the operation takes place. I paid my on a barcley credit card 0% interest for 12 months.
You then turn up for a time, mine was 8AM. Everything from that point is a blur, maybe waited an hour or so for my operation? Before you know it you wake up with the nurse bringing you round from the GA.

If you would like someone to stay in the room with you its £75 per night, bed and meals.
I went with my dad, he stayed in a marriot hotel which was about £6 in a taxi away.

If everything goes well, you will stay for 1 night. We stayed an extra night in birmingham on Mr Levicks recommendation due to me flying to Edinburgh. This was in the hotel we had booked, only 1 overnight stay in the hospital.

I have my own progression thread on the first page on this section, have a look. It will hopefully answer some questions for you!
Im due an update, will sort it eventually.

Offline ken979

• Posting Member
How many days do I have to stay after the operation?

Can I stay in a hotel or would I stay in a hospital.

I live in East London

Barking area

How much will it cost on my own in a room?

Will I be able to drive to Birmingham and drive back?

Would a coach be better or a fast train?

Will I be able to go to work in 3 days time?

I got too many questions, sorry  :-\

Offline Glennjamin

• Posting Member
Hi Ken,

I'm from East London too, my operation is in a couple months. I get the sense you're still at that earlier stage where you have a million questions and fears, most of have the same experience. Everyone here would be happy to answer but I think you'd really benefit from booking a consultation with Levick, and hitting him with every question you can think of! It's free to do, you don't have to book an operation date, and you can get a feeling of his expertise. It's a hard step, but once you've done that bit, it really helps get the ball rolling for your journey.

To answer your questions:

You only need to stay in the hospital for one night (the day of the op), Dr Levick will discharge you after his morning checks the following day.

He recommends you stay at the hospital, not a hotel. There you will have access to better after care with the nurses and your own private room. It's very comfortable and private.

You don't pay any extra for staying at the hospital, that's included in the £4060 Freedom1987 mentioned.

You can drive to the hospital but the after affects of the surgery and GA effect people in different ways. I would err on the safer side, if you feel quite sleepy, and arrange for a coach, train, taxi or family/friend to pick you up!

RE Work: Seems different for everyone, some people jump right back into life, some need a few days. You wear the uncomfortable binder for 1 week initially before a compression vest. I would think most people would prefer 1 week off work wearing the binder, then return to work wearing the compression vest (which can be quite easily concealed beneath a shirt).

I hope this helps, but as I said, Dr Levick is very approachable and knowledgeable, the consultation is free and he can help rest your mind, get the ball rolling and help you start on your journey. Best of luck!

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
I would agree with most of the above except they make you sign a form promising not to drive for 48hrs after surgery. And its for your own good especially long journey back to London dont even think about it for your own safety.

You'd also need to stay in the hospital. They measure your blood pressure every couple of hours, you may need painkillers etc. I was vomiting several hours after the operation. Basically you should stay in the hospital for 24hrs they take good care of you.

Offline ken979

• Posting Member
I have an appointment with Mr Levick on the 21.10.2014  :)

I still feel I have lack of knowledge, is there any quesions I should ask him?

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
I have an appointment with Mr Levick on the 21.10.2014  :)

I still feel I have lack of knowledge, is there any quesions I should ask him?

Ask him whatever is on your mind!

He'll spend 40 odd minutes explaining the whole thing to you anyway, so a lot of your questions may be answered.

Offline ken979

• Posting Member
Surgery has been Booked With Dr Levick on 19/11/2014 at 10:30am  :)

What kind of excuse can I use for work? I don't want to say manboobs op as it's embrassing.

Offline FlatAsAPancake

• Bronze Member
You can tell them you're having surgery but it's personal and you'd rather not say.. That's what I did!

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member

What kind of excuse can I use for work? I don't want to say manboobs op as it's embrassing.

You can tell a little white lie and say you're having your pectoralis muscle repaired. That should cover a lot of bases if anyone notices your vest etc afterwards.

Offline freedom1987

• Bronze Member

I was honest with my work, i told a few people i was close with before i went off work to have it done. This way, i knew these people would let it slip anyway so when i returned to work it was old news and nobody even cared other than people actually interested!
So many people want cosmetic surgery but they just dont have the bottle to go through with it.

Anyone makes smart ass comments once your back, theres an easy reply.
"I can give you my surgeons number if you want to get your <insert persons problem here> fixed"
It will shut them up because they will know their ears are massive, or they have a huge beak like nose.

;D ;D ;D

Offline ken979

• Posting Member
I had my surgery about a year ago. Thanks to this forum, I was able to find Mr Levick. It's a shame he has retired, well that is what I read on this forum.

Every time I take my shirt off in front off a mirror, I feel great!!! I was worried for the first 4 months as my chest was not perfect. It is now at an almost perfect level and gets better as time goes. It keeps getting flatter and flatter. Just be patient with it.

I still have little sensations in my chest and know it will come back. I can wear slim fit shirts with confidence. I can wear my old t shirts as well.

I must go swimming but didn't have much time to do it.

Thanks for people putting up with me as I asked lots of silly questions. I think it put a lot of people off lol. Especially when I was scared at times. I had electricity run through my chest as my chest nerves were growing back hehehe.

If I had to do it all over again, I would do it.

Many thanks : )

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024