Author Topic: 6 weeks post-op: not happy  (Read 5223 times)

Offline garden

I had liposuction and excision of the gland six weeks ago. After the surgery I was told they had removed all of the gland on the left side and most of the right. It was not entirely removed on the right because the surgeon was afraid of leaving a crater. Here are my pre- and post-op pics. The first two are pre:

Right now I'm not happy with the results. Obviously it's better than before, but it doesn't look good. The area around the nipples seems very swollen, and it projects far off my chest in a way that's really difficult to hide under clothing.

I can't say whether it's gotten worse since the surgery, becuase I would take off my compression bands only briefly, and the weather was still pretty cool until about a week ago.

Should I expect any improvement at this point? If the problem is scar tissue, how long will I have to wait?

Offline element_01

• Posting Member
hey dude! i think it looks pretty good man. Im 7 weeks post op and my nips are still super puffy but im trying to stay positive and hope things will change. They say it takes 3 to 6 months to see the final result. Just hit the gym and workout to  get your mind off of it!

Offline coleslaw0889

• Posting Member
agree with element1

Offline nomore-jiggles

• Posting Member
yah, i too think you still look way better than before. Its only going to get better.  I'm 4 months post op and am satisfied to a certain degree with my results, but I look way better than pre-op.  I'm hoping that after 6 months I'll look even better.  My swelling didn't kick in til about the 7th or 8th week. But it hasn't really gotten any worse since then.  So I think your swelling now is probably at its worst. Your surgeon did a pretty decent job I must say.

Offline element_01

• Posting Member
i think the thing is we expect to have perfect chests when the surgery is done but we must have realistic expectations. Like everyone else said its only gonna get better and theres already a big improvement dont let it get you down man!

Offline coorsbright

• Posting Member
The tissue is recovering.. looks good.. rub the nips to loosen the tissue.  the skin will rubberband back.. stop worrying about it.. its all in the mind

Offline bluephiman72

• Posting Member
Not trying to be a downer, but I'm not in total agreement with everyone else. I think it's obvious that the right side still has gyne, although much milder than before. Maybe after a few months it goes down more, but from what you already stated, your doctor basicly conceded that they didn't take out everything because of fear of crater deformity. I can understand that as my doc took out a little too much fat causing some depression. It's a fine line between taking out enough versus taking out too much. Good luck, hope everything works out.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024