Author Topic: I week after surgery, not happy  (Read 4058 times)

Offline SKOR

It's been a week since my surgery with Dr Fielding and I just took the foam pads off. I am not too happy with the results -

1. There is asymmetry (he took one side down more than the other). It's not terrible though I think it's noticeable.
2. The improvement isn't as great as I expected. I thought the tissue would be completely gone, and instead I think it is just smaller than what it was. When I bend over - that is when I notice it the most. It doesn't move like before but I still see more movement than I expected.

Is this normal one week after surgery? I thought it would be very flat right now, then start swelling for the next few weeks. Has anyone else had (or heard of) it taking several weeks after surgery to notice?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Is this normal one week after surgery? I thought it would be very flat right now, then start swelling for the next few weeks. Has anyone else had (or heard of) it taking several weeks after surgery to notice?

You are just one week in my man. You need to give your body at least 3-6 months before passing judgment. Be patient dude...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline MSJ108

You are just one week in my man. You need to give your body at least 3-6 months before passing judgment. Be patient dude...

GB

Agreed!! I thought I was butchered right after my surgery. As I healed everything began looking perfect. Hang in there man!!

Offline johnnybot

• Silver Member
WAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
It depends my friend. If you can feel some gland under the nipple, it probably won't go away even if you are one week after surgery. If it's swelling, it will go away.

After my surgery with Fielding, it looked good but I felt a bit of gland, and I was right...I'm 2 yrs post op and not at all satisfied witht he results. It's better but I still have big puffy nipples.

Offline tigertown

• Posting Member
i dont think i have any gland in there anymore, when i press down on them it feels really soft,

but the swelling around the nipple feels really HARD, not too discolored tho...

is this normal? my left chest is MUCH more swole than the right, but i did have a small hematoma

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
I was ready to reply to this question, but several experienced gyne patients beat me to it.  To judge your postoperative result only one week after surgery is totally inappropriate.  The other guys on this thread have it exactly right.  It will take several months before you have your final result.  Do NOT be impatient!  Trust your surgeon and follow his/her instructions.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline MSJ108

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024