Author Topic: been to see nhs surgeon and........  (Read 2529 times)

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
He told me I had lipomastia and not gyne. Said nhs could not treat it...and said I would get more than acceptable results if i went private...he also said that surgeons charge way to much for an hours work. They also told me I have a very small amount of tissue whichhe would advise to leave but i had alot of fat that lipo would see to. Will it be cheaper just for lipo???

GynO_DuDe

Possibly, gotta hunt around for a surgeon but then that usually costs a lot as well as most surgeons charge for consultations ...

Your better off just joining a gym and shredding the pounds naturally if its just fat. Unless you obviously dont mind spending a bitta cash to get rid the easy way.

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member
...he also said that surgeons charge way to much for an hours work.

Whilst true it's a lot of money for around an hours work, you have to take into account, depending on the surgeon that 'hospital' fees will be around 75-80% of the cost, these include your room, nurses, porter, drugs, dressings, anaesthetist, etc etc.  The surgeon will also have expenses like running his private office, PA etc.  This is why more people from the UK are going abroad as the associated fees are cheaper, and therefore so is the surgery.  You can actually get this cheaper in the states than the UK in most cases, especially with todays exchange rate.

Lipo only.....cheaper......probably not as you have all the above standard costs, just potentially slightly less time in theatre.

However the primary concern has to be, the surgeons ability to do the correct job, and one you feel comfortable with.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024