Author Topic: HOLY CRAP MY SURGEY DAY IS HERE  (Read 4113 times)

Offline masked_1

• Bronze Member
Hello friends, as i write this my surgery is scheduled for tomorrow 8am! this is very surreal. i have literally waited for this for 16 years. Im 27 and have lived in this hell since 11. NEVER in a million years would i have thought that i would not only be strong enough to do this but also being a kid who grew up with a family that struggled for money so I cant believe through years of working my butt off i have finally made enough money to pay for it! (took a loan out from 401k) this is crazy! wow wow wow. Im pretty nervous because i have NEVER had any type of surgery but I just know its worth it. I would like to thank all of you and the owners of this site because i honestly wouldnt have had the courage to do any of this without you. I have so many mixed emotions running through me.

GOD BLESS TO YOU ALL

Offline rocks456

• Posting Member
Good luck man! Let us know how it goes!

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Way to go!  Keep us posted on your progress, hope all goes well.  Cheers! 
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

Offline Bikkembergs

• Bronze Member
*slap*

Calm down!  :D

I see you've very excited. Good luck Masked1, very happy for you.

Hope it goes well  :)

Offline masked_1

• Bronze Member
Thanks guys! I just got home from surgery! I don't feel bad just a little woozy.  The experience as a whole was very smooth and a lot less scary then I thought. Infact for my first surgery EVER the worst part was waiting and anticipating today. You guys have been awesome. I'll keep you posted. MY BOOBS ARE NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you god! God bless to you all. I just hope that you all get a day like this someday soon if you haven't already had it done   ;D

Offline Azure

• Posting Member
Money's a huge impediment to most if not all of us, Masked so I applaud you in your efforts to save up enough to get'r'dun.  ;)

Offline masked_1

• Bronze Member
Thanks azure! It was a loooong journey never thought i woukd see this day. Happy with the results and its nit even 48 full hours. How you doing bro?

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Last I heard, Azure was trying to keep his wife at bay after she got a look at his new manly chest!   ;). I'm sure he's not trying that hard though LOL!

Offline Azure

• Posting Member
I need a stick like Shaknbake's got to beat her off with. Ha ha!  ;D
Good to hear you're doing well, Masked! I took off the tape strips that cover the stitches yesterday. Peeling them off was relatively pain-free; not like those humongous, super-glue'd foam pads.  ;)

Like S'n'B, I have some scar tissue in and around the middle of both sides of my chest so I've been trying to massage them consistently, every day just after lunch and my efforts, whilst painful seem to be helping.

They're still there, just smaller. I will have excess skin issues on my left side due to asymmetrical issues and as the swelling subsides over the coming months, this is only going to get worse but as previously stated, I knew this would be an issue and by talking at length about this with Dr Fielding, it's highly likely that I will need additional surgery to deal with redundant skin.

My age, the extent of my gynecomastia and a lack of elasticity in my skin are all playing their part in this so not a biggy in the great scheme of things. I have always said that as long as I can walk down the street in a single, tight-fitting t-shirt without feeling ashamed of my chest, then that remains my long-term goal.

Anything else will be a bonus.

Offline masked_1

• Bronze Member
Hey azure good to hear brotha. Im 26 i feel that i have decent to tight skin and my question about your lose skin is... i had the type of "scarless" surgery where i didnt have any cutting on or around my nipple/areolas. Just a tiny hole close to each armpit. Im going to have to post pics but i would say that i had a moderate case of gyn. I would say a large a cup or small b cup. So now after sugery im happy wuth my results because im totally flat even with swelling but im a little worried because i do have that little extra skin fold under my nipple. I can describe it as a deflated balloon. Im hoping and praying that after time my skin will tighten. What did your dr tell you regarding your lose skin? Do you have pics i can look at? Thanks again man

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Hi Masked, I had the same type of surgery you did (by Dr. Lista).  I noticed that my nipples must have bled or something, because they both formed scabs right after surgery.  My left side was the worst since I was a little larger on that side and more had to be removed.  The nipple area there isn't quite the normal shape it was yet, but I think its more from the compression garment than anything.  When I take it off to shower, it seems to go back into shape after about a half hour.  The right side is normal though all the time.  I've seen improvement since the day of surgery, so I think both of us will turn out just fine.  Just a matter of time and patience.  I was also about the same size as you I'd say.  You can check out my before pics in the Canada section under "my experience with Dr. Lista".  I still have to post more progress pics, as things have changed quite a bit since the original post op pics.  Hang in there though, it gets worse before it gets better.  But it WILL get better!

Offline rocks456

• Posting Member
How it going fellas. i hope all you guys are recovering well, it sounds like you are. I also have little skin folds, especially after taking the compression vest off around the aerola. When I wear a t-shirt under the compression vest and take everything off, there are lines that are imprinted in my chest from the shirt, but all the lines go away after I move around a little bit and get some blood flow to the area. I think we all had surgery within a week or two of each other, so thats cool we can kind of compare notes. Whats the longest you guys have kept your vest off. I went 8 hours with the vest off the other day, I don't think it affected anything negatively,  :-\ Those vests are starting to get annoying, atleast its only 3 more weeks till i stop wearing mine.

Cheers

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
I've only gone about 2 hrs so far.  Just long enough to have a shower and wash / dry it.  I notice after leaving it off for that long, things seem to go to a fairly normal state (as far as the nipples are concerned).  It sure will be nice not to have to wear it anymore though.  I've got till the end of February, then that's it!  I've got some compression shirts ready to go if I still feel the need.

Offline masked_1

• Bronze Member
It's pretty cool we all had our surgerys close to each other. The longest I've had my vest off was about 2 hours just to shower and wash it. And even then I put on a kids large under armor which is super tight on me. I agree the vest sucks but I'm wearing it religiously just to be safe. The type of scarless surgery I (we) had is kinda insane when you think about it because we had no skin removed just all the stuff inside so I'm praying our skin tightens up and retracts!  I think we will be fine. :) you can def tel that when I take off the vest the chest skin mainly nipple areola area is a ill more lose then it should be but that's realistic. PLEASE GOD TIGHTEN US UP! Lol :)  so me and shaknbake had the same type of surg where it's just two tiny holes near the armpit and I gotta say my results look good so far. My doc definitely removed fat and gland. Hey azure and rocks what type of procedure did you guys have? Did u get the same type as shaknbake and I or did you have the incisions around your areola and the lipo? You guys are awesome and I'm glad we can all share our progress and experience!!

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Luckily, I don't seem to have any loose skin anywhere.  Everything has tightened right up.  I'm surprised about that considering my age, and the size of my chest before surgery.  I have substantial scar tissue build up on my left side near the incision and towards the back, but I'll continue to massage it.  Hopefully it will break down on its own and go away in the coming months.  The overall results look great though!  Do your nipples feel weird when you lean forward to pick something up?  Whenever I bend down and extend my arms, it feels like something is pinching my nipples!  LOL!  More on the right side than the left....hmm...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024