Author Topic: Vancouver to Toronto (my story)  (Read 24763 times)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Thanks for all your info and advice man!!!

No problem there my man....

It is reasurring to hear all that you said!!!

I hear ya there Broh! I went through several days of post-op depression in the early goings. One of the post-op guys on this Site reassured me that everything would be okay.

BTW, how did you come up with 'by-tor'?

John.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 10:50:56 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline by-tor

• Posting Member
By-Tor? One of my favorite bands is RUSH - I think they're from your neck of the woods - around Toronto?

Anywho, One of my favorite songs by them is By-Tor and the Snow Dog...I couldn't think of a handle on this board so I just used By-Tor  ;D

What's the story on "Bambu?"  ;D

Yeah...the post op depression sucks, but thanks to dudes like you on this board, it really helps!!!

I'll be sure to pass this stuff on that you mentioned to other post-op bummers (like me) who are freakin-out too!

ROCK ON!!!  8)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Anywho, One of my favorite songs by them is By-Tor and the Snow Dog...I couldn't think of a handle on this board so I just used By-Tor  ;D

Yeah, I kinda figured that's where you came up with the name. I'm a big RUSH fan. Saw them at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto 3 times during the 70's. Awesome band back then. A few months back, I saw a recent RUSH concert on DVD. Geddy's voice was toast! It just didn't sound like what it was back in the 70's. My favorite album by RUSH is 2112.

What's the story on "Bambu?"  ;D

I'll PM you on that one! ;)

Yeah...the post op depression sucks, but thanks to dudes like you on this board, it really helps!!!

That's what this Site is all about!

John.

Offline by-tor

• Posting Member
Yeah....RUSH is one of my top 5 all time bands!!!

I know they have been around since '74 but I didn't start listening to them til around '79 or '80 - when "Spirit of Radio" first came out - been hooked ever since...

I finally saw them for the first time in Milwaukee for their "vapor trails" tour (in '02) and then just last year at the same place for the "Feedback" tour....

I would agree that Geddy can't quite hit those "high" notes like he used to....but damn those guys are amazing musicians eh? they seem to get only better with time  ;D

Offline Zardoz

• Silver Member
  • exciting
I'm sorry I haven't posted on this site for so long.

I promise I will get pics up soon.

Here is an update for those of you that know my story so far.

Sometimes when I'm walking down the street, feeling blue because I have a new grey hair, or a bit of a pot belly, or lack of a girlfriend, or lack of money...I look in the mirror, and then I stand up tall, and I smile, and I take off my shirt and soak up the glorious sunshine and no one thinks anything other than "There goes some guy with his shirt off."

My life has changed so much since the op. I have a new confidence that is worth it's weight in gold.

Funny, now I worry about other things in my life; but when I feel particularily low, I remember how miserable I used to be and I stand up straight.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

My life has changed so much since the op. I have a new confidence that is worth it's weight in gold.

Funny, now I worry about other things in my life; but when I feel particularily low, I remember how miserable I used to be and I stand up straight.

Right on Dude!    ;) ;D ;)

Yeah, it is strange how a reletively insignificant physical defect can cause so much anguish and psychological pain huh?

Good to hear from you Zardoz....  :)

John.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 09:12:59 AM by Bambu »

Offline Zardoz

• Silver Member
  • exciting
It's true how much it can affect you. I used to be terrified of bars and nightclubs; no longer. I still don't like them much, but I'm not afraid of people grabbing my breasts anymore.

I told two of my closest friends and they thought my story was amazing; about how I flew to Toronto and back in one day and nobody knew. I showed them this site and they were blown away. I asked them not to tell anybody and they didn't. They didn't make fun of me or even care. There are certain people I won't tell about my op, because I know they would make a big deal, so I never bring it up. Thing is, it doesn't matter, because it's done.

My nipples still have a hard underside, but you can barely tell by looking. I was doin it with a girl and she pinched my nipple pretty fuckin hard, boy did that hurt. But at least they look normal now, they used to be huge. The gland removal really made them look normal.

I haven't even looked into the ministry paying me back yet, but I will have to soon cause my cards are maxed and I'm past due on payments!

If any of you need a good writer or journalist for some freelance work, hire me!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024