Poll

If you use a compression vest, which one?

Underworks
40 (35.4%)
Nike Pro Vent Vest
13 (11.5%)
Veronique Compression Vest
15 (13.3%)
G2 Compression Vest
8 (7.1%)
UnderArmour
12 (10.6%)
Other
25 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Author Topic: ---> COMPRESSION VEST POLL/REVIEW <---  (Read 32555 times)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
This Poll was initiated at the request of 'Chodel'...

If you vote, please take the time to pop a little 'review' (few lines) on your vest experience!  Oh and if you opt for 'other', let us know what you are using!  :)

GB
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 03:34:02 PM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
G2, was brilliant when I first got them, they have lost most of their compression now.. however they are still making a big improvement over not wearing one, and I really don't feel comfy without it on... I will be ordering some Underworks 997 soon to see how they are, hopefully the compression might last a little longer...

Offline Chodel

• Silver Member
  • Défectuosité toujours
thank you for this Grandpa!  :)

I have an underworks 997, it compresses very well, however I don't find it that comfortable near my armpits.  The quality of it isn't that great, however it was very affordable and it has held its shape and compression since I have had it (approx 2 weeks) with light use.

If you vote, please take the time to pop a little 'review' (few lines) on your vest experience!  Oh and if you opt for other, let us know what you are using!  :)

Chodel  ;)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 06:55:55 PM by Chodel »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

thank you for this Grandpa!  :)

NP my man!  ;)

Oh and if you opt for other, let us know what you are using!  :)

I used the Dale Medical Abdominal Binder. Sure it's intended for abdominal compression, but I thought... chest/abs, what's the dif? It would still do the job! Besides, the Ab Binder was all that my local medical supply store had that fit my needs.

I highly recommend the Dale Ab Binder. It is 'fully adjustable' (velcro) to provide desired compression, does not give you the itchies and is very easy to put on and take off.

The only drawback to the Ab Binder is that it is a tad bulky. It would be noticeable even with a loose fitting shirt. :-\   Pic

GB

Offline hungry.tides

• Silver Member
  • make the most of what you have got
i use Compression vest from Medilin, Bangalore www.medilinblr.com 
It gives good compression but its pain for the armpits, i asked the salesman from the company, he said if the arm size is changed it wont give proper compression guess i have to live with it, any time i have any evil thoughts abt not wearing my vest i think of my years with gyne.

cheers
Surgery Date: 25th June 2007
Lipo + Excision (<100% removal around nipple)
Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Ananteshwar, Manipal, Bangalore
pre & post pics link:
http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z236/hungrytides/
Know more @ :
http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast/index.html

Offline Bolognianips

• Silver Member
my underworks 997 works great and still maintains its compression after a few months of heavy use and washings.  I think the lycra material will never loose its elasticity (compression).  I do however agree that it is not the most comfortable garment.  The most comfortable by far is the muscle compression shirt from underworks, however it is a but bulkey and warm during the summer.  There are also some t-shit style "light" compression shirts that they sell, they work brilliantly, but only if you have a minor case, and they do tend to ride up, other than that they look just like a tight t-shirt.

Offline notobvious

• Bronze Member
I use an underworks 997 for under t shirt wear and a nike pro vent for when I go running. My nike top has long sleeves so it isn't suitable for t shirt use although I imagine you can get one with shorter sleeves or a vest style that will be easily hidden. The nike one is great but it has lost a lot of its compression(I go running a lot more than I wear the 997) but it's very comfortable and it does work well. The underworks 997 is obviously superior in terms of compression because of how binding it is but its uncomfortable, prickly, hot and it can hurt. The material doesn't feel good. I don't love either of them, they both have their flaws. 

Offline gettingrid

• Bronze Member
I have been using Underworks 974 black cotton concealer. Get a size one smaller than what you would wear for a t-shirt. Got some other ones but returned them and got a refund easily and replaced them with #974. So you could order a couple of different types so see what you prefer. It also shapes the abdomen area pretty well for an overall toned appearence. Havent tried other brands so cant say this is better definitively but works well enough for me!

The binding is pretty good and the cotton on top makes it comfortable and hidden. Wear typically most of the work day and to gym in the evenings and it withstands it.

Have been using it for the last 2 months...it has been put through lotsa machine wash/dry... no problems yet.

Tip: Wear something like Hanes TAGLESS ComfortSoft Crewneck Men's Undershirt *underneath* the binder so that that can absorb all the sweat and the binder remains clean/fresh for longer and can be reused. These undershirts are really thin so you dont really feel an extra layer and they protect your skin from the binding layer spandex. Get an undershirt that cover the underarms def.

DrBermant

I have studied each of the compression garments on the market and prefer the Design Veronique After Gynecomastia Surgery Vest.  I have been working with that company for years and they have modified the garments to maximize comfort of my patients. 

A compression vest can be a powerful tool for recovery.

I use both a Stage One After Gynecomastia Surgery Vest and Stage Two After Gynecomastia Surgery Vest. The Stage One garment is for right after surgery.  The Stage Two garment has advantages for longer term scar care.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Dr. Bermant...

Thanks for the awesome info dude...

GB

Offline Zed

I'm gonna have surgery this coming wednesday.Could u plz tell me y wearing a compression belt after surgery is necessary? And for how long shud one wear it?

Cheers!

Zed

Offline Zed

How's d Nike Compression Vest by the way?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I'm gonna have surgery this coming wednesday.Could u plz tell me y wearing a compression belt after surgery is necessary? And for how long shud one wear it?

A compression belt/vest is required to hold the disturbed flesh together while it begins to heal.

Two to three weeks should suffice...

GB

Offline yme

• Posting Member
I used Gc2 compression shirts and am very happy with the quality and the result. I recently found out that it is the compression vest
reccomended by the doctors at the National Childrens Hospital. NUFF SAID!

Offline lexuslexus

• Bronze Member
im using Design Veronique 640, and also purchased a Design Veronique 1240 for wearing after a month post op for stage 2 compression.

i find they have really good compression but are a little pricey

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024