Author Topic: wearing something under vest?  (Read 2582 times)

Offline noobie

• Posting Member
I was wondering that if i can wear a T-Shirt under my Vest?

8 weeks with this thing on 24/7! :( :( :(
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 01:24:08 PM by noobie »

Offline Bolognianips

• Silver Member
8 weeks sounds like a long time, but the whole point of the vest is the compression, so there should be no problem wearing something underneath.  I think alot of people got some thin soft cotton shirts to help with the itching.  The only thing is, if something is ooozing, make sure it dosent make contact with the cotton or you will glued into your shirt.

Offline noobie

• Posting Member
thanks for the reply. Yip they said 8 weeks.

Also another thing that I havnt seen on this site is that they gave me this silicon blocks (2 of them) which i must place over my cuts under the vest when i go to bed and then take them of when i wake up again. Why is this? i guess it helps with the healing but how?!

thanks.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

I used to wear a cotton T shirt under the compression vest.  It served 2 purposes:

•   To stop the edge of the compression vest cutting into my underarms.
•   To stop the compression vest getting too smelly and sweaty.  I would change the T shirts daily and wash the compression vest about every 3 days. That way I got by on only needing 2 compression vests.

Good luck in your recovery.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline Bolognianips

• Silver Member
I'm not sure what the silicon things they gave you are, I'm guessing they are there just to protect the wound while you are sleeping and may rollover etc.  It's nice you have these questions, but I would just keep track of them and ask your doc what his intent etc is before the operation.  Everyone has different experiances.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024