Author Topic: Nolvadex?  (Read 4704 times)

Offline RockyXX4

• I have bad Luck
Just wondering if Nolvadex can help cure it.

mikeyfive0

is Nolvadex a prescription drug?

Offline RockyXX4

• I have bad Luck
yes it is.

Offline HEG

• Posting Member
If you are using it as a form of PCT then you can help prevent gynecomastia, but from what I have read I don't think it does much for pre-existing gyne. (I'm no expert though)

Offline gynomakesmesad

• Bronze Member
I used it for about 2 months i think, first on 20 mg a day which didn't help much at all, so i went up to 40mg. Threw my hormones totally out of whack, i could feel it affecting my gyne, but no visable effect. Not to mention it was far too expensive for me to keep up for any decent legnth of time. My body was still compensating about a month or 2 after i stopped using it (swollen thyroid, tiredness etc)

PS: some background info, i have mild to moderate residual gyne from being a teenager, I'm 20, i think my hormone balance is fine now the gyne is just some kind of 'leftover'.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 12:02:56 AM by gynomakesmesad »

Offline hypo

Nolvadex is the brand name for Tamoxifen.

It has been shown in uncontrolled studies (I don't like the uncontrolled bit) to resolve gynecomastia in 80% of cases.

But that is by endocrinologists who know what they are doing and not people self medicating.

If you self medicate and get it wrong it can throw your thyroid function out (a sign of which is a sore throat) causing an adverse change in your metabolism.

In causing the effects of estradiol to be lowered too much it can and cause exhaustion and significantly lower libido- this happens to many people self medicating.

If you are interested in it book an appointment with a good forward thinking endocrinologists who understands reproductive endocrinology.

Offline Gyno_sucks

• Posting Member
Nolvadex can decrease the size of your gyno.  My gyno was about 3 inches on both sides and was reduced to 2 inches.  Unfortunately thats all it did for me.  Reduce the size.  Im guessing thats common with most people who have had the gyno for a while.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024