Author Topic: Do I still have a chance?  (Read 3658 times)

Offline OLB55

Hey guys,

I have been having puffy nipples since i was about 15 or 16, I am now 18. I used to have lumps under my nipples, but they disappeared probably a year ago. My nipples are still puffy and I have been putting tape on them to keep them down, I thought they would eventually disappear. I was just curious on how long it would take for them to go down, so I searched it on the internet. What i have found in my research has really disturbed me, and i feel like they will never go away unless i have surgery. I really dont want to have surgery and probably cannot afford it.

I have read that most people get gyne when going through puberty. This one reason why i still have a string of hope because my father was a "late-bloomer" and didnt even have facial hair until he was in his 20s. I (while it sucks), am still going through puberty, so does this mean my puffy nipples can still go away?

Also does the fact that the lumps are gone mean that my puffy nipples might go down?

thanks for your time and opinons

Offline Bikkembergs

• Bronze Member
For most people it's genetic, rather than a feature of puberty. Need a picture to give an opinion though.

I developed it when I was about 9 or 10 and it's looked exactly the same ever since (relative to my body size) and I'm 24 now.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Unfortunately, if you have had puffy nipples for two or more years, then the likelihood that they will disappear spontaneously is very small.  Surgery would be your best and permanent answer.

In the meantime, I would definitely not tape your nipples daily.  the constant irritation of the tape can result in permanent discoloration of the skin.  Rather, try wearing a snug compression garment under your clothing -- it will provide a better shape for you.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024