Author Topic: Compression vest  (Read 1177 times)

Offline Dghtx832

• Posting Member
Good morning doctors. I have one simple question. I had a periareolar mastopexy and gynecomastia removal. My skin seems pretty tight ( no loose skin) there is very little to no bruising at all , just a faint yellowish color on the skin around my chest here and there. My doctor recommended that i wear my compression from 4 to 6 weeks. Today is exactly 4 weeks and i am sick and tired of this crap. Sorry for my language but i suffer from pretty bad anxiety and this vest does not help that a lot. I was wondering if you guys thought if it was ok for me to remove it completely during the day and put it on at night time when i go to sleep for the following two weeks until im 6 weeks with the compression. I am planning on resuming lifting next week. Im going to go at it with lower extremeties like legs but im going to take it lightly with upper body movements.

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
You should check with your surgeon. The timing  for wearing the vest is reasonable.I vary the length of time time I use compression from case to case based on the preoperative anatomy and what I did during surgery.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
You need to listen to your own surgeon's instructions. Check in there.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024