Author Topic: Karadis Surgery - 04/07/13  (Read 4023 times)

Offline ThinkingAboutIt

• Posting Member
Well I am 4 days down now....

Bruising seems to have mainly gone yellow, although Ive still got the harsh redness near the bottom of my chest (Anyone know why some people get that?) so just hoping that all goes in the next few weeks?

I thought the swelling would of kicked in by now as I am still pretty much flat??? I am trying to prepare for the scar tissue phase and kind of getting a little too worried about I think. Ive been reading about scar tissue in general and finding that some places say you can never really get rid of it or all of it once you have it!

But obviously reading blogs on here, you see how people get it and massage most if not all of it away! Think ive got too much time on my hands to be honest ha!

Saying that, just a quick question to people who are 3 months post Op or know the answer.... On the recovery notes Karadis gives you it says to keep massaging for 3 months when you start but scar tissue can take 9-12 months to go... so do people stop massaging after 3 months as it is ineffective by then and you have to play the waiting game or do they carry on???

Will post pics later...

Offline puffynipplesdrivemecrazy

• Bronze Member
I am worried about the scar tissue too mate. Let us know how things go!

Bruising seems to have mainly gone yellow, although Ive still got the harsh redness near the bottom of my chest (Anyone know why some people get that?) so just hoping that all goes in the next few weeks?

I thought the swelling would of kicked in by now as I am still pretty much flat??? I am trying to prepare for the scar tissue phase and kind of getting a little too worried about I think. Ive been reading about scar tissue in general and finding that some places say you can never really get rid of it or all of it once you have it!

But obviously reading blogs on here, you see how people get it and massage most if not all of it away! Think ive got too much time on my hands to be honest ha!

Saying that, just a quick question to people who are 3 months post Op or know the answer.... On the recovery notes Karadis gives you it says to keep massaging for 3 months when you start but scar tissue can take 9-12 months to go... so do people stop massaging after 3 months as it is ineffective by then and you have to play the waiting game or do they carry on???

Will post pics later...

Offline ThinkingAboutIt

• Posting Member
I am worried about the scar tissue too mate. Let us know how things go!

Yeah It is worrying but I suppose you just have to accept it is going to come and it can go! Its just hard and I just almost want to know already how bad its going to be but only time will tell!

Will post pics later...

Offline ThinkingAboutIt

• Posting Member

Offline ThinkingAboutIt

• Posting Member

Offline ThinkingAboutIt

• Posting Member
Well its been a week now! Seems like I had the Op ages ago!!

Got used to the vest and havnt found as annoying as others on here, although I have to say it does get me at night!! I seem to wake up feeling restless at 5am every night lol

The brusing is slowly going, pretty much all yellow except the lower part of my chest which is starting to fade. I have strted using arnica cream now, so I don't know if that will help get rid of it any sooner?

The plasters are off now and the nipples are healing well, although I am expecting them to go "funny" again once all the scar tissue starts to kick in, which correct me if I'm wrong starts to appear from week 2?? I havnt really had any swelling, thought I would of by now, is there still time for it to come? lol

Every so often I get pulsating feelings through my chest and nips and sometimes it feels itchy and burning, I presume that's sign of healing?? (I hope lol)

So far im really pleased with my results, but im rreally trying to brace myself for the stage where things start to misshape and go bumpy, I so wish you could even just fastrack to that bit so you get can the worst of it out the way so you know things will only get better.....

anyway a few pics attached.....

Offline ThinkingAboutIt

• Posting Member

Offline ThinkingAboutIt

• Posting Member

Offline KSS24

• Bronze Member
I've not been about for a couple of weeks but I see you have successfully had your surgery. CONGRATS! Looks like you have had a great result from Karidis like so many others have.

Honestly mate, i'm not sure if it's where maybe i'm healing good, but this whole scar tissue thing really doesn't seem as bad for me as people have gone on about it... Sure I'm a bit bumpy when I tense my chest it's not flat (as in smooth all over) but mine really doesn't seem bad.

I'm just over 1 month post-op now (no more vest during the nights woop) and my swelling was never bad either mate so you may well not get it massive either.

Yeah you will get all types of feelings through your chest over the next weeks/months. Right now as I sit here in my t-shirt it feels a bit weird against my chest. I literally have full movement now, it can be a little tight when I fully stretch my arms back but it eases up specially when I'm been massaging.

Wish you the best of luck mate.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024