Author Topic: Trying To Decide who to go for (UK)?!  (Read 9185 times)

Offline darrend

• Bronze Member
Try Benito mate you will have to travel to London for the consultation but flights are cheapish!

Offline adamdaddum

• Posting Member
i think the best thing you can do regarding choosing a doctor would be to read the forums and see what experiences other people have had with certain doctors. Although you have to remember theres probably more people who come on here who arnt happy than who are.

Offline Gaz29

• Posting Member
Hi i am in the uk and after visit to endicrinologist my g.p has referred me to the plastic surgery unit, i am waiting on my referral being vetted by a panel there, who will either offer me an appointment or knock me back

Offline Gaz29

• Posting Member
feel as though am being mucked about with the NHS, has anyone had any experiances with them in getting this far? dont think i can finance this myself got a quote today from bmi angd it was 3895

Offline johno123

• Posting Member
I think im going to go for a consult with Mr Levick. Kingboob if you don't mind me asking did you ring the bmi call centre to get an outpatient consultation or did you use another number?

Thanks everyone for their replies

Offline Gaz29

• Posting Member
Am really down i feel as if am hitting a brickwall every where i turn i thought i had a glimmer of hope my whole life is affected by this any help guys

Offline WXYZ

• Bronze Member
feel as though am being mucked about with the NHS, has anyone had any experiances with them in getting this far? dont think i can finance this myself got a quote today from bmi angd it was 3895

Being mucked about by the NHS? Many guys have that problem. ::) I read on the net that the NHS spends 4 times as much on females than it does males, can that really be true? :o Are men being discriminated against? I wouldn't like to say so, but it would be helpful if we could get some official stats. As far a man-boobs go, the NHS could either help or not and I think it may be depending on where you live. Then if you do get the surgery on the NHS, you have to accept which surgeon they give you. You may get someone with plenty of gyne surgery experience or be not so lucky with a surgeon who may get rid of some gyne but damage the appearance of your chest forever.  :o I don't think they care so much with how your chest looks as the end result. My NHS surgeon wasn't very experienced and in the end recommeded that I see a private surgeon for the results I wanted. At least he was honest.

Offline outertrial

Am really down i feel as if am hitting a brickwall every where i turn i thought i had a glimmer of hope my whole life is affected by this any help guys

I would forget about the nhs and have it done privately. I can recommend my surgeon, Benito - who   costs a bit under £3000 including flights these days . Or for round £4000 in the UK Karadis has very good reports.

Even if you manage to batter your through the nhs's obtuse, unfair, byzantine and mostly pointless bureaucracy to get approval for the op, it could take forever, and theres no guarantee you'll get the results you want. You have no control over the surgeon you end up with, plenty dont have the first clue how to do gynecomastia, and the surgeon you are assigned can change 10 minutes before the op.

Many nhs reports Ive read just say that the surgery didnt work, probably because the surgeon didnt know what they were doing so was very conservative.

I wouldnt normally say this in these straitened times, but if you cant get the money another way put it on your credit card and just go for it. Its an investment in yourself after all, should lead to you  being happier and more self confident, which at the end of the day is going to leave you a lot better off.

hadenuf

I agree with outertrial. I knew what I wanted to acheive and did not want to put myself through the indignaty of what the nhs does to you just to get a surgeon you have no idea about and may give poor results.

I would have got a loan or a credit card if I could not have borrowed it elsewhere. I had understanding parents once I told them about it and lent me the money.

Get the money one way or another and go private. It is a very dignified experience from start to finish.

Offline outertrial

At the end of the day its not really that much money. Most people can scrape together three or four grand to buy their first  car and run it for a year - its just about priorities.

Offline gynomakesmesad

• Bronze Member
Just had my consultation with Karidis. Although I could've sworn during the consultation that he said he was going to remove gland AND do lipo, the 'procedure name' on my document says 'male chest lipo'

Has Karidis been known to just perform lipo without excision, or is my mind playing tricks on me?

hadenuf

Just had my consultation with Karidis. Although I could've sworn during the consultation that he said he was going to remove gland AND do lipo, the 'procedure name' on my document says 'male chest lipo'

Has Karidis been known to just perform lipo without excision, or is my mind playing tricks on me?

Don't worry mate. It said the same on my form and I questioned it with her. It is down as male chest lipo because apparently if it was put down as gynocomastia it would cost more.

Offline gynomakesmesad

• Bronze Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024