Author Topic: Help for heavy bruising and swelling - 1 Month post op pics added July 16th  (Read 10366 times)

Offline oneofmany

• Posting Member
Wow! Seriously, you look a lot better. That does it, i'm driving to Walmart to get some blank dvds.. (The ulterior motive is seeing if they have Arnica  :)) This will be good.. it will the first time i've gotten out besides going to the doc in a long time.

My hematomas doing weird things on the right side.. it's like dark colored like blackish.. and swollen.. not to mention it's really irritating  >:(

But anyways, it's good to hear from you bro, keep posting!

To walmart I go!  8) lol

Offline chansam

• Bronze Member
I was getting worried you with those earlier pictures in your thread.  I'm glad to see your day 22 pic.  It looks good.  I had surgery 4 months ago and the beginning is not easy.  The healing process can be a difficult time, both physically and emotionally.  I would have my ups and downs as I prayed that the results would be what I wanted.  Thinking about possibly having to go through the surgery again can be depressing. 

Fortunately my PS, Dr. Delgado, did a phenomenal job.  I would recommend him to anyone.  He might be a bit more expensive than other PS on this board but he is the BEST and worth every penny.  Plastic surgery is a skill.   All doctors can get a license to practice but some will be better than others.  Dr. Delgado is the best. 

Offline rowdy99

• Bronze Member
a quick update and i'll throw some pictures up when i get a chance...

update is that i'm at nearly a month post-op and all i can say its been a month with alot of irritating times, worrysome time mixed with a bit of relief.

i'd like to take a poll on here and see how many people have lived through a really hard time during there post op, i know i have, i'm looking forward to getting done with all this!

as for physical recovery i would say things are still swollen, i know i know it takes time, but its been hard.  i saw my surgeon on weds morning, there wasn't very much left to drain, she said the rest was swelling and i just have to be patient.  hard to be patient when its hot as hell and i gotta wear under armour and two t-shirts.   

i know i might sound like a whiner to those of you who had an easy post op, those of you who have had a hard time hopefully will feel me on where i'm coming from.

i got a look at my scars too, they're looking pretty rough, i hope they heal alright.

i've also had a lot of people ask me who my surgeon was, i've decided to hold back on saying anything until i feel there is no more recovery to be had, i thinks thats the only time its fair to judge a surgeons work.  everyone that knows about me and the surgery have said she is the best there is for cosmetic surgery in western canada, so that has given me alot of peace of mind through the swelling and pain and bruising and discomfort. 

man, this has been a hard hard road and i am super appreciative of this board and the kind members on it that are so helpful.  when surgery results go a bit sideways its pretty worrysome and i hope this board and the info on it gives those of you in the midst of postop or thinking of surgery some good insight into thats its a bit more than gettin some fat sucked outta your chest, it can be really hard mentally.

all i can do is hope for the best, i'll post some pics soon and if anyone has any questions or comments feel free to send them my way.

thanks.

Offline rowdy99

• Bronze Member
i'm still worried about it, so negative comments at this point is not really what i need!  if you see any positives would appreciate the feedback.

thanks

28 DAYS POST OP

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I'm at nearly a month post-op and all i can say its been a month with alot of irritating times, worrysome time mixed with a bit of relief.

For many, that's what it's all about...

I'd like to take a poll on here and see how many people have lived through a really hard time during there post op, i know i have, i'm looking forward to getting done with all this!

I fell into a very deep depression in my 2nd week post-op. It was brutal! However, thanks to a member of this BBS, I was reassured that all would be good in the end. For that, I am very, very grateful!

That's what this site is all about tho, Pre-op information, Post-op emotional support, and also support for those who choose to live with/celebrate the condition.

I know i might sound like a whiner to those of you who had an easy post op, those of you who have had a hard time hopefully will feel me on where i'm coming from.

Dude, you are not a whiner. It is a fact that sometimes, post-op recovery for GRS, is not a 'Wham-Bam-Thankya-Mam' deal. I'm hear'n ya dude, and totally understand where you are coming from.

Man, this has been a hard hard road and i am super appreciative of this board and the kind members on it that are so helpful.  when surgery results go a bit sideways its pretty worrysome and i hope this board and the info on it gives those of you in the midst of postop or thinking of surgery some good insight into thats its a bit more than gettin some fat sucked outta your chest, it can be really hard mentally.

Agreed 100%!

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline oneofmany

• Posting Member
Rowdy man,

You aren't looking as bad as you make it to be! I wish my chest was like that right now! My left is perfectly flat, and my right is massive swollen to where I have to take a few days off work and get it drained locally at the beginning of next week. I don't know what to say.. i have a few 'lumps' and my skin is shiny around those areas..

Anyways, I really appreciate the updates with you and I totally agree about how rough these times are -- I feel like without this board I might have lost it by now..

Bro i'm going through the same post-op irritating crap as you and i'll stick with you until you're better. I should post a pic of how bad this is but I'll wait till I can get it drained again . . . . if it comes back, then i'm definitely posting a pic. I just hope it subsides..

I just hope the hematoma resolves itself somewhat within a month. Around August 16 I leave for college and there is no turning back.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 07:50:01 PM by oneofmany »

Offline rowdy99

• Bronze Member
Here is an update from exactly ONE MONTH post operation...

Hope these posting and pics have help with all the others going through the same thing, there is alot of people on the board who have had a hard time with post-op, i was suprised, wish it was easier for all of us!

My right side is larger than my left, its still sore and feels hard.  I've been working, wearing t-shirts, no one has said anything except for a chick who tried to twist my nipple at a bar last nite and said "I can't feel it!"  No sh!t ya dumb biatch, i'm wearing underarmour and my chest is sore as hell!  haha  ;D

Honest opinions would be appreciated...  For those of you with similar problems all we can do is be patient and hope for the best.  Any questions or comments i'd gladly help out with as so many have done for me on this board.

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
Here is an update from exactly ONE MONTH post operation...

Hope these posting and pics have help with all the others going through the same thing, there is alot of people on the board who have had a hard time with post-op, i was suprised, wish it was easier for all of us!

My right side is larger than my left, its still sore and feels hard.  I've been working, wearing t-shirts, no one has said anything except for a chick who tried to twist my nipple at a bar last nite and said "I can't feel it!"  No sh!t ya dumb biatch, i'm wearing underarmour and my chest is sore as hell!  haha  ;D

Honest opinions would be appreciated...  For those of you with similar problems all we can do is be patient and hope for the best.  Any questions or comments i'd gladly help out with as so many have done for me on this board.

you look damn good IMO

Offline rowdy99

• Bronze Member
update..

was drained again yesterday, 1 month a 3 days post op, just on my right side, lots of fluid.

this was the 4th time i have been drained.

what is going on???  rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

its already 'filling' up again.  man am i ever glad the weather is shitty and i can wear a hoody.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024