Author Topic: Is this normal .... I'm totally worried  (Read 3771 times)

Offline MA1980

• Posting Member
Hi  guys

I had my surgery 3 days ago, after surgery I had little ( noting no be concerned ) but ofter one day I noticed that the left side of my breast I mean under my arm was more swollen than the right side, I called my doctor and he said this is normal because he removed allot of fat from my sides,

after two days the left side had less swelling than the day before but today I'm totally warrying because the right side is bigger than the left side, so opposite than was before that the left side was bigger.

Pre op

My pic after one day post surgery ( the red bag is my removed fat from my breast,approximately 2 litres )

questions:

- Is this normal???

- Could the swelling and bruising start become bigger after few days from the surgery?? or it has to be directly after the surgery??

- I drank a lot of water during the past 3 days after my surgery, is this healthy And helpful or not preferrable?? I'm worrying that much of water caused me all these swelling

- Also I noticed that the size of my beast increased today more than the couples days after surgery, Is this normal as apart of swelling stage??

- How long does the swelling take before it totally gone?

- What do we mean by scar tissue?? what is its relation with the healing??

- I did only lipo, is it effecient in my case?? would I have a flat breast by lipo only as I did after healing? is there any possibility that the fat would come again specially I did breast reduction without gland removal??

Please help me, it'll takes few minutes
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 05:10:14 PM by MA1980 »

Offline MA1980

• Posting Member

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
best advice i can give u is have ur doctor check it out. it might be fine but if u feel worried about anything have ur doc check it out.  when is ur next appointment with the doc??

and with the water..im sure ur good (but try to drink other liquids too for the first couple of days so that u get some electrolytes).  my doc told me that i should drink a lot of liquids the first 24 hours.  i told him that i drink a gallon of water a day and he said thats great but i should mix the liquids the first 24 hours so that i get some electrolytes in me to wear off the anesthesia

Offline MA1980

• Posting Member
best advice i can give u is have ur doctor check it out. it might be fine but if u feel worried about anything have ur doc check it out.  when is ur next appointment with the doc??

and with the water..im sure ur good (but try to drink other liquids too for the first couple of days so that u get some electrolytes).  my doc told me that i should drink a lot of liquids the first 24 hours.  i told him that i drink a gallon of water a day and he said thats great but i should mix the liquids the first 24 hours so that i get some electrolytes in me to wear off the anesthesia

Thanks my friend for your reply

my next appointment would be tomorrow, but I worried about my swelling, the swelling has been increasing since yesterday, it was little and not much in the same day after my surgery but today when I look to my body it looks like that I hadn't a lipo surgery. 

I wonder to know if you have had swollen directly after the surgery or after couple of days??

Also, did you do lipo only or lipo + incision??
as I read from this site it is not efficient to do lip without incision??

In my case with lipo only is there any chance that the fat come back again??
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 04:59:43 PM by MA1980 »

Offline MA1980

• Posting Member
any one or any doctor?? need ur help

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
its suppose to swell right after surgery. and its ok for one breast to swell more than the other. each breast heals on its own rate.

with the bigger breast, does it looked bruised (like u even have a black and blue there)?? if so u might have developed a hematoma (collection of blood).
i developed this a day after surgery and the doc drained it out the following day.
but to be honest, i doubt u have it. the descriptions u gave sound like it might be just normal swelling.

i had lipo and incision done. i'm almost a week post op

Offline MA1980

• Posting Member
its suppose to swell right after surgery. and its ok for one breast to swell more than the other. each breast heals on its own rate.

with the bigger breast, does it looked bruised (like u even have a black and blue there)?? if so u might have developed a hematoma (collection of blood).
i developed this a day after surgery and the doc drained it out the following day.
but to be honest, i doubt u have it. the descriptions u gave sound like it might be just normal swelling.

i had lipo and incision done. i'm almost a week post op

I still don't know if I have bruise because I'm still wearing the bandages but today I have an appointment with my doc, so I'll discover that today.

Also I would ask my doc if its hematoma or just swell, but I wonder to know how did you drain it out??

Does ur breast still swelling ? and how long should my body finshed all these swelling and bruising?

I'll post my pic after taking off the bandages soon

would u please post ur pics pre and post operation

GynO_DuDe

Dont get scared/frightened ... your healing now, so theirs going to be MANY ups & downs in the process. You will be shocked to find out how the human body heals itself as time goes by ... most dramatic noticeable changes judging from replies on this forum come in 3, 6, 8, 12 months after surgery.

My most noticeable change/healing happened 6 and now 12 months after surgery.

Offline MA1980

• Posting Member
Dont get scared/frightened ... your healing now, so theirs going to be MANY ups & downs in the process. You will be shocked to find out how the human body heals itself as time goes by ... most dramatic noticeable changes judging from replies on this forum come in 3, 6, 8, 12 months after surgery.

My most noticeable change/healing happened 6 and now 12 months after surgery.

I really appreciate ur comment

It motivates me and now I know it's normal and I'm just 5 days post surgery still 6 months left ;)

Could u pls post some pics pre and post op

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024