Author Topic: One Month Post-op w/Dr. Jacobs update, pics  (Read 4150 times)

Offline gyne75

• Posting Member
Hey all-

Just an update...Today marks the exact 1 month point from my surgery July 15 w/Dr. Jacobs. All visible bruising is long gone, still no sensation in nipples and a little tightness/discomfort when I touch my chest, all par for the course...I've been doing cardio and some weights for about a week now, definitely seems to be more swelling after exercise (as expected), been wearing binder right after workouts but not during...Jacobs said binder only needed to worn 24/7 full time for 3 weeks, though I started wearing it again full time for an extra week because I just felt like the chest needed it. May switch to just nights in a day or two and con't that for a few more weeks. Only had incisions on sides (no nipple incisions), been rubbing Vitamin E on them daily. Overall, happy with progress so far...I know there's still some time to go with healing, but as of this moment, with my shirt off, you can't tell I had this surgery aside from the small incisions on my sides...one would have to be looking at me fairly closely to notice them. The bruising went down much quicker than I expected it would, I had a couple of whoppers for the 2 weeks after...

If anyone has any more questions about my experience with this procedure so far, ask away!

Pre-Op:

One Month post-op side view:

One Month post-op 3/4 view:

Offline MA1980

• Posting Member
congrates dude.... looks greats  ;D

I believe u r healing well... what do you eat to help u for faster healing?? such as vitamine E, did y eat it daily as a capsule?

do u still wear the garment?

have u wore stage 2 vest ?

appreciate it

Offline gyne75

• Posting Member
congrates dude.... looks greats  ;D

I believe u r healing well... what do you eat to help u for faster healing?? such as vitamine E, did y eat it daily as a capsule?

do u still wear the garment?

have u wore stage 2 vest ?

appreciate it

I've just tried to eat well throughout this whole process, no specific foods, I've just completely avoided junk food of any kind. The vitamin E comes in ointment form that I apply once a day directly to the incision sites, it's supposed to be good for helping skin to heal faster. Today is the last day I'm going to wear the binder full time...after this, I'm going to wear it at night while sleeping for a few weeks. Jacobs suggested under armor for a stage 2 garment...though it's optional. I think I may just go without any stage 2 for a few days and see how it feels with just wearing the binder at nights.

Offline trojan213

• Bronze Member
Congrats. Your results are inspiring! Your body looks like a different person pre --> post op. Good luck with the rest of your healing and keep us updated!

Offline sasidon

• Bronze Member
i must say very good results... njoy ur life dude :)
**Surgery done @ Appollo chennai**
Surgeon : Dr K Ramachandran

Surgery exp : http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=15201.0
Pics : http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=15513.0
**Pretty happy with the results...**
"All you need is to be mentally strong with enough financial support...get them off"

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Awesome results dude...  Dr. Jacobs is Da Man!

'Feels' good huh?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline AvionicsMarine

• Posting Member
i cant even see the incision scars. mine are the color of the areola, but they are kinda raised, like a small long blister or something. is yours like that too?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
There is no scar or incision on the areola.  The only scar is a small, red nick in the skin on the side of the chest in the armpit area, which is visible in the post op photo.

This is one of my cases in which I could treat the entire chest, fat and gland together, with aggressive liposuction utilizing my own, specially designed instruments.  That is not possible in every case -- but fortunately, when I can get "everything" out in this way, it results in a nicely contoured chest with no chest scars and a nick in the armpit (which turns white within 6-12 months).  That is why I prefer to to my aggressive lipo first -- and then, only if necessary, make an areolar incision.  If I can avoid an areolar scar -- then why not???

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024