Author Topic: Swelling duration and size  (Read 3978 times)

Offline mannyman742

• Silver Member
I have a relatively minor case of unilaterally prominent gynecomastia, could be labeled puffy nipples with gland perhaps.  Looking to get a little information on what I should expect for swelling.  I'm getting the surgery done soon, and suspect that it will only entail direct excision, maybe with a small amount of lipo.  My question is, will the swelling protrude farther than what I have now?  Will there be permanent puffy nipples?  And how long should I expect swelling after my minor case is excised?

DrBermant

I have a relatively minor case of unilaterally prominent gynecomastia, could be labeled puffy nipples with gland perhaps.  Looking to get a little information on what I should expect for swelling.  I'm getting the surgery done soon, and suspect that it will only entail direct excision, maybe with a small amount of lipo.  My question is, will the swelling protrude farther than what I have now?  Will there be permanent puffy nipples?  And how long should I expect swelling after my minor case is excised?

Swelling can obscure results. The best way to deal with swelling is to prevent, minimize it with the surgery itself. Not all surgeons offer the same techniques.

Here is a Gallery of Pictures of Tissue Swelling and Bruising After Gynecomastia Surgery.

How tissues heal after gynecomastia surgery depends on the problem treated, surgical technique, skill of the surgeon, after care, scar care, and how a patient heals.  I prefer my Dynamic Technique in which there is minimal bruising and swelling.  The biggest change happens on the operating table.  That is how I am able to post images the day after surgery.  However, further refinement happens over time as sculpted tissues evolves as they soften with scar care, compression, and healing.  As with any cut, tissues need to heal and soften.

You can see other examples of early results:

in this competition body builder here.

This one sided (unilateral) gynecomastia shows the swelling after surgery typical swelling after unilateral gynecomastia surgery compared to the side that had No Surgery

Here is another example of early healing after unilateral surgery typically seen with my techniques. 

Here is another example of typical minimal swelling and bruising in a 14 year old patient with more images images of tissue healing and swelling here.

You can find many more examples on my website of primary gynecomastia tissue evoluation.

I perform many Revision Gynecomastia Male Chest Sculpture Operations on patients done by other doctors around the world. Each patient has told me how different their tissues were after my Dynamic Technique compared to their previous surgery.  They all have commented how the swelling was much less, comfort better, and their expectation met, even at their first view of the tissues after surgery.  You can see typical tissue evolution after Revision Gynecomastia Surgery here.

However, even with these techniques, the tissue continue to evolve over time.  Here is another example of a patient revised after initial surgery done in Australia, early and 2 years after his operation.

This is real surgery and tissues do need to heal just like any other cut or injury.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024