Author Topic: Puffy after Surgery 1 month  (Read 2177 times)

Offline big tuck

I had my surgery about a month ago- I was really happy with the results but now that the swelling has gone down the nipples are starting to puff out. When I first had the surgery the nipples were folded but that has starting to straighten out and now they are starting to puff out again.   I still have hard lumps on the chest so I'm hoping it's just healing-  but did anyone else go through this?  Does it take a while till the puffy nipps stop- I don't feel the gland underneath so I'm not sure if its an issue with the skin.

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
Some people say that scar tissue plays a role in nipples puffing back out after surgery.  At 1 month post-op, I wouldn't rule scar tissue out just yet.  There's no more swelling most likely though. 

In almost every surgery, the surgeon will leave a small amount of gland in each breast.  Because there needs to be some breast tissue left behind; every guy has it.  It's just that in a gynecomastia case, they're trimming away excess breast tissue trying to achieve a normal look without going too far and making the situation worse. 

So sometimes the gland that is left behind (along with fat that is in each breast) can cause the nipples to puff out a little bit.  Chances are that it certainly isn't as bad as before, but you still notice it.  And it is different for everybody, in some people it goes away after 6 months to a year.  In the end, if after a year it still bothers you, go back to your surgeon and tell him that you want a revision.

But that's looking too far into the future for now.  Just relax and let nature take it's course right now.  Just understand that revision is a possibility, but if you come to accept what you have then that's OK too.
Had gynecomastia since age 12.
Surgery performed on July 18, 2008 by
Dr. Jeffrey Wagner in Indianapolis, IN.
(Excision and Liposuction)

"The heart moves on while the mind remembers."

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024