Author Topic: Post-Surgery Questions/Concerns  (Read 1706 times)

Offline Florida Guy

• Posting Member
I was a very overweight kid but then practically overnight I became almost anorexic looking. Anyway, I had to have surgery for Gyno as a teenager, which turned out ok at best. 

Recently, I had the surgery yet again at 33, which turned out to be a much better experience and results.  There was a lot of tissue (etc) removed from my chest and it appears as though my lower chest is slightly “Caved in.”   Recovery and weight training should help with this issue (I assume).

The difference, between the two surgeries is that I had drains put in my chest the second time and a LOT of fluid drained out.  The drains were removed after a week. Now, the problem I am having is that the fluid keeps building up on the right side forcing me to go back weekly to have it removed.  The effect is very noticeable when the fluid is present and then when drained.  This only happens on the right side NEVER on the left.
Is this normal and can I do anything to keep it from coming back?

Surgery was on 07/20/2009.

Wore an Ace wrap on my chest for a week.

Doc said no need for a compression wrap unless moving around a lot.  I wear a very tight Under Armor shirt for exercise, which is just fast walking right now.

Thanks for any help.

Gyno surgery three times

Offline Florida Guy

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply.
As far a compression and draining is concerned, I've never had the left side drained after the actual drain was removed.  The right has been drained 3x now.
Make no sense why only the right side keeps building up fluid.

Anyway, I will try a compression shirt 24/7 after having it drained again to see if it helps.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024