Author Topic: Surgery now or after weight loss?  (Read 2261 times)

Offline rahuljain

• Posting Member
Hi folks,

This website gives me the strength and courage to live life positively,I have been suffering from this idiotic condition

since I was 12 or 13..Now I am 30..

I have been reading posts for such a long time,but couldnt go in for surgery for couple of reasons.When I was in my begining

of my carrier I had financial worries+Fat on my body..I still am over weight by 10 kilos according to my BMI..

Now I am married and have a beautiful kiddo..I have now no Financial problems..But now I have a fear if I go under the knife

and if something happens to me?? I dont want my wife and daughter to loose me at this point of time..Fatal Surgery reactions

could be from General anaesthesia 90% of the time..But at the same time I feel when my kid grows lil big and I cant open my

shirt on beaches,swimming etc etc..

This part of me says that I should be positive and go for the surgery..

I have attached my ugly body's pics..In 1 pic you can see my normal position and in other 2 pics you can see myself

stretching..

My questions:

1.Should I workout seriously and just concentrate to loose extra weight before surgery?
2.Go for surgery immediately
3.Never go for surgery?

Looking for positive replies..

Offline Herbert

• Bronze Member
Getting down to and maintaining optimum weight provides many long term health benefits beyond physical appearance.  Maintaining a healthy weight also benefits your family as you feel better and do not ordinarily develop more serious health conditions (heart disease, kidney failure, diabetes, etc). You are the only one that can make the surgery call.

As one of the older ones, I am past the issues (and they are real) faced by our younger men / boys. Personally, I do not plan to have surgery.

hammer

Herbert nailed most of it all very well, but I'll still add my $5.00 worth!

I've been through many surgeries, never this one as I choose to live with the breast as they don't bother me being I've had then all my life and at 56 I fathered 5, have 3 grand kids and still very happily married to there grand mother! I served in the military 11 years with breast and own my own construction company until becoming disabled 16 years ago, all while having breast! So you can live a very normal life as a male with breast!

As for the surgeries, mine were for two back surgeries, both knees replaced and a host of minor surgeries! When you go under the knife you are in a very controlled area with a very well trained team. Yes, things can go wrong, but you can be killed in a car accident, crossing the street, falling down the stairs, off a ladder, you get the idea.

Having a surgery or acceptance comes down to personal choice. I choose to accept because having breast don't stop my ability to walk what little that I can, they will not cut my life short in any way, they do however, cause my back and shoulders to hurt because of there size so I do wear a bra as recommend by my doctor. I'm up to 48H size bra, but I do what I do to be comfortable. To me that is better then spending $6,000-10,000, for a surgery that I wouldn't be afraid to have, but don't feel needed.

So in the end, I don't think you need to fear surgery, nor do you need to go through surgery if you can live your life with acceptance, and have the support to do so! That's up to you!

Bob

Offline rahuljain

• Posting Member
Hi Herbert And hammer,

Thanks alot for your encouraging answers...I want to now loose weight and come to my ideal weight and then take decision along with my wife..

Just wanted to know can this surgery be done under local anesth too?

hammer

Yes, it can! I don't know if all doctors do it that way but I have read some of the post that have had it done under local! I've been told that it is better if you can do it that way, and I've had all but the back surgeries done that way which was good that I was under for them, as one lasted 9 hours!

Offline troubleddoc

• Bronze Member
Bro m 23 m .professional cricketer .n having a gf who wants to marry me n everythings perfect. I have maybe grade 1or 2a gyno.I want to go under knife still but searching fr a good surgeon.look bro cosmetic surgery is fr u. U want it like tat. If u ask ur parents gf or wife dey will say it doesn't bother or affect them. I tried best mind it m in shape quite muscular but still cannot move free bare chested. I feel inferior better to say conscious all time, like all ppl here I must be wasting 3 hours minimum everyday since last so many years hiding n worrying bout den.just think in 2months around I get complete recovery my case a sports man isn't it worth it ??think bro.but my sincere suggestion good surgeon absolute must.like 100%. Second if u planning sx plan a month or 2away n seriously workout eat well n lose weight cause u obese.3rd gen anesthesia now days like 100% safe n u going good sx no worries.lastly this surgery safest only prob is cosmetic ntn to do with us physical abilities but its a sx so 2 months fr complete recovery u count on.rest all ball in ur court n 30 yes is young
Operated by Dr hari Menon on 16 June 2014☺☺☺😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024