Author Topic: 17 days post op. Dr. Fielding***looks the same?***  (Read 4712 times)

Offline Blue elephant

• Posting Member
Hi everyone I am a first time poster. I will start off by saying that i am 19 years old and i have had gynecomastia for as long as I can remember. I have tried everything in the book to get rid of this problem. I tried diets, different vitamins and minerals, exercise and more.. None of these worked! Cardio did nothing but make me lose weight and make my face skinnier. But the size of the breast did not change and Weight lifting only pushed my breast out more making them much more visible. This has been a huge problem for me with it being my teenage years and not being able to have fun and enjoy myself because of the constant stress resulting in this lowering my confidence drasticly.

I have been watching over these forums for about a year now and everyone has bin a huge help. If it wasn't for everyone's posts I probably wouldn't know much about the surgery, the best doctors, and last but not least I probably would never have had the confidence and will power to have a consultation and go along with the surgery. SO I am going to ask everyone a favor. IF YOU ARE READING THIS please don't be afraid to post your stories, concerns and questions. We need to keep posting! Every post or comment helps! I would like to go on about my story but I will save that for a different time and post because I am here to ask some questions at the moment and don't be afraid to give me your input.

I am currently 17 days post with Dr.fielding which because of this site I know is considered the best gynecomastia surgeon in toronto and one of the best in the world. Not to mention with the best prices. My problem is I was told to leave the original vest and padding on for the first week and than after that remove the padding and the put the vest back on for a remainder 2 weeks. When I first took the vest off I notice the really wasn't a difference which really surprised me because this forum has taught me that you usually notice a huge difference with a nice flat chest the fist time you see it. I an now 17 days post op and still don't really see a difference other than my nipple are a bit smaller.(A Good thing!)  Can anyone tell me if this is normal or just give me an input of some sort?  I am also curious when I can start doing cardio again? THANK YOU FOR READING AND I AM LOOKING FOR WA TO HEAR WHAT YOU GUYS HAVE TO SAY!!

Offline Blue elephant

• Posting Member
Come on guys let's hear something!

hammer

Did you run into a wall, fall out of bed or shut a drawer on or finger? NO, you had surgery! Give your body time to heal! It can take months before you will see the final, finished new you, but until then you will have swelling, and down the road its posible to have scare tissue too, be patient.

I had total knee replacement on both right and left knees, 2006, 2007. This year I developed scare tissue on the right knee that the knee cap is getting caught on causing pain, the left is showing signs of the same problem.

Surgery puts your body through hell no matter how simple or hard the surgery is. You need to give your body the time and rest it needs to heal in its own time and rest too so you don't do any damage to it!

I'm going on my 8th surgery in two weeks, it will be my 3rd back surgery, so trust me I know what I'm talking about, be good to your body!

Bob
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 08:45:45 AM by hammer »

Offline suo19

I actually had my surgery with Dr. Fielding 6 weeks ago. For me, my chest was almost perfect after taking the pads off 6 days post op. Since about the second week, they've gone back and look similar to before. From what I've read, this is swelling and scar tissue build up and will take several months to subside. It sucks and I really worry about it sometimes but just remember that there is still a lot of change that will happen in the coming months. I know it's much easier said than done, but my advice is to try not to worry as much about it and ask Dr. Fielding any questions you have at your next follow-up appointment.

As for cardio, the doctor told me I could be in the gym 3 weeks. I decided to wait 4 weeks so I could be more comfortable and then I got really sick for a week. I am starting again today.

Offline Blue elephant

• Posting Member
I undesired it will take time but just like you said and same with everyone that gas had this surgery the first time they look at it it looks amazing...in my case I have never seen a difference since. It has now been over 6 weeks and nothing has changed since. I'm really upset with my results and I really hope it gets better but from every case I have read about there is patients have atleast seen some improvement and mostly drastic by now. Thank you for the posts...keep em coming.

Offline wrh90

• Posting Member
I had my surgery with the same doc about 3 years ago and had a small revision today. I can recall feeling the same way as you after the first surgery but the swelling did subside after a while and my chest did look a lot better. Anyways, I suggest you continue to wait as all of our bodies are different and take different routes to healing. The doc is a great guy and I am sure he will make sure you get your desired results.

Offline suo19

I had my surgery with the same doc about 3 years ago and had a small revision today. I can recall feeling the same way as you after the first surgery but the swelling did subside after a while and my chest did look a lot better. Anyways, I suggest you continue to wait as all of our bodies are different and take different routes to healing. The doc is a great guy and I am sure he will make sure you get your desired results.

if you don't mind me asking, why did you get a revision if the swelling subsided?

To OP: Have you gone to see the doctor for your next follow up yet? Curious to see what he said.

Offline wrh90

• Posting Member
Chest looked great for a while... years even. Then I experienced a little bit of regrowth in the right nipple.. and can't really explain why it happened.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024