Author Topic: How long for it to grow back?  (Read 4672 times)

Offline bladerunner

• Posting Member
I had surgery (excision) two months ago.  For the first two weeks or so after the op I was amazingly flat.  Unfortunately, I am puffing out again.  I am trying to figure out if this is scar tissue or if the gland is reproducing itself.  How long would this process take if the tiny bit of remaining gland was in fact active again and accumulating fat in the area and/or swelling?  

The problem is worse on my left side.  The right side has a small hard mass underneath but does not hurt and is just enough to fill the gap from where the tissue was removed, making the contour appropriate.  However, the left side areola is making like a volcano with soft tissue underneath that leads to a harder mass deeper within.  If this were in fact glandular activity wouldn't it hurt like hell the way it did before op?  

Any help is greatly appreciated.  I am going to wait until the three month mark to contact my PS as he said scar tissue was natural but would subside.  For now I am trying yohimburn and turmeric to get this under control just in case.  

Offline oldgynodude

• Posting Member
Turmeric? What does that do? I'm curious because I use it sometimes to spice up my foods when cooking.

Offline bladerunner

• Posting Member
Turmeric? What does that do? I'm curious because I use it sometimes to spice up my foods when cooking.

oldgynodude,

Here is a link about Turmeric and curcumin.

http://psa-rising.com/eatingwell/turmeric.htm

Also, if you google it, you will find a lot more information.  

Are there no takers on my question?  Is two months adequate time for this to have grown back enough to be causing problems again, or am I just experiencing fluid buildup?

Offline bladerunner

• Posting Member
Are there no takers?  Can someone at least tell me if it is normal to have a little bit of pain when applying pressure to the pectoral muscle under the nipple 2 months out?

Offline oldgynodude

• Posting Member

oldgynodude,

Here is a link about Turmeric and curcumin.

http://psa-rising.com/eatingwell/turmeric.htm

Also, if you google it, you will find a lot more information.  

Are there no takers on my question?  Is two months adequate time for this to have grown back enough to be causing problems again, or am I just experiencing fluid buildup?

Cool, thanks, I'll keep using the tumeric. Don't know about your question, hope someone answers though.

Offline billybob2

• Posting Member
if you dont have any hormone problems it will not come back. However, there will be an illusion of it coming back to a lesser degree after scar tissue develops. You gotta let it take its toll (or you could pay for some cortisone shots) and it can take up to a year (maximum) to fully go away. I have scar tissue right now, and I just wear compression stuff all the time and it looks fine. You know its scar tissue because if you find the lump and pinch it really hard it will barely hurt.

Offline bladerunner

• Posting Member
Thank you for your response.  Unfortunately, I am still on finasteride (I had a hair transplant) and plan to continue use of the drug.  So my hormonal profile is the same as it was pre-op.  The doc said the chances of it growing back were slim.  

Is it unusual to have pain if you go digging around 2 months out?

What would happen if they were just to remove the damn gland?  I could care less if I ever feel my nipples again.  I do not want breasts.

Offline billybob2

• Posting Member
if they completely removed the gland then youd have a noticeable depression..

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024