Author Topic: before consultation/surgery  (Read 4983 times)

Offline wickedturbo

• Posting Member
should i do push ups and such before my consultation to get the muscle built and help gland stand out more ??

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
While I would never suggest not exercising, severe exercise prior to your consultation (or surgery) is not necessary.  Surgeons can diagnose gynecomastia with or without a large pec muscle behind it.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

should i do push ups and such before my consultation to get the muscle built and help gland stand out more ??

I work with many Bodybuilders with Gynecomastia.  They all complain that as they build their muscles, whatever is on top of the muscles tends to stick out further as the muscles get bigger.  This is a gradual process.  Cold, stress, and stimulation of the areola muscles can hide puffed nipple gynecomastia.  That is why I pick a standard warm temperature of about 75 degrees F to evaluate each of my patients before and after surgery.  I also use chest muscle flexing at the time of evaluation to see how tissues above the muscles react.  Being relaxed in a warm room with a competent surgeon who understands the specifics of gynecomastia is the best way to demonstrate your contour issues.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
I don't recommend building up muscle before your surgery.  It will obviously be a good idea to do so afterward, as a well-developed pectoralis muscle will enhance your overall result. 

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline DrCALOCA

• Posting Member
    • www.gynecomastiamexico.com
There is no need to work out your pectorals before surery to make the gland stand out. During surgery, we directly visualize the fat and gland and are able to remove them from the overlying muscles.
Dr.Dr.Jaime Caloca Jr.
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
(619) 734-2290 -www.drcaloca.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024