Author Topic: Chest very intense flexing post-op  (Read 2540 times)

Offline flatness13

• Silver Member
Just wondering, 6 month post-now(gland and lipo) my chest muscles feel different than before. When I flex or use them in any way I can feel the muscles contracting very intensely. Is it because of the removed fat and gland that is making me feel the muscles better?

Offline Ayris_10

I am sorry to hear about your muscle pain. It might cause serious issues too down the line, so suggesting you to get its treatment as soon as possible. I visited a local Mississauga acupuncture clinic for my pain treatment and got relief within couple of sittings.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 11:18:09 PM by Ayris_10 »

Offline flatness13

• Silver Member
Hey thanks but it's not really painful, it just feels strange. I've been working out my chest again for some time now and it's going ok, slowly I'm getting back my old strength and muscle mass.

Offline mattyy

• Posting Member
Ayris_10's reply was most likely a bot and/or spam.

Regarding the muscle, I don't think any gland/fat affects how a muscle contracts so it's possible that it's all just in your head. Since there's no more gland over your pec now, it could just be that you're able to make the mind/muscle connection better and hence getting a better contraction than you were before.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
This far out after surgery, it's most likely due to scar tissue that has formed between the skin and the muscle.  I know you don't have skin attached directly to muscle - there's still some fat there too, but there's much less fat and hopefully no more gland, and scar tissue always forms in the surgical plane. Ultrasound treatment has been shown to help reduce scar tissue in surgical cases, but that's probably overkill since you're not really having pain.  I'll bet you would get some improvement with aggressive massage.  If you don't already have one, consider  getting an electric massager and use it a couple of times a day, at least 5 minutes per session.  That may help if it's bothersome.  Keep us posted on your progress.
Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline flatness13

• Silver Member
[quote author=Dr. Pope link=topic=31600.msg202749#msg202749 date=1459331731]
This far out after surgery, it's most likely due to scar tissue that has formed between the skin and the muscle.  I know you don't have skin attached directly to muscle - there's still some fat there too, but there's much less fat and hopefully no more gland, and scar tissue always forms in the surgical plane. Ultrasound treatment has been shown to help reduce scar tissue in surgical cases, but that's probably overkill since you're not really having pain.  I'll bet you would get some improvement with aggressive massage.  If you don't already have one, consider  getting an electric massager and use it a couple of times a day, at least 5 minutes per session.  That may help if it's bothersome.  Keep us posted on your progress.
Dr. Pope, MD
[/quote]

Well I don't think massaging worked for me at all, so I'm getting cortisone injections in a week to deal with this scar tissue. Hopefully it will correct this situation.

Thanks for the replies.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Cortisone injections are very strong -- and can induce atrophy.  If your chest is smooth now be very careful about the injections -- you may end up with irregularities.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024