Author Topic: Just Had Surgery with Dr. Jacobs!!  (Read 3940 times)

Offline IRISH123

• Posting Member
Hey guys,

Well I finally did it! :) I had my surgery with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC and it was an AMAZING experience.

Just to give you guys some background. I'm about 5'8, 215 pounds (muscular but I definately can trim down). I went in for a consultation ($150) and Dr. J had told me that I needed the gyne surgery done and also lipo underneath the armpits. The surgery is expensive. It cost me $7300. I put down 3 G's and financed the rest. Capital one financing is real sweet and I got a 4 percent interest rate and monthly payments are something liek $248 for 18 months! NOT BAD if you have good credit!

The Surgery: Dr. J is sort of a pioneer on the subject of gyne and uses tools of his own design. He described his tools as a tube with tiny very sharp razors on it with sort of a vacuum attached and through hundreds of pulling and pushing motions, he "shaves down the gland tissue" and also the fat surrounding the gland through an incision he makes under your armpit. He compared it to "peeling a potato". The incision he made was extremely small and needs 2 or 3 dissolvable stitches. He makes the decision during the surgery whether or not to make the incision around the nipple. It is a case by case basis as sometimes the gland tissue is to hard and tough to take out solely through the small incision near the armpit. Luckily for me he did not have to make the incision around the nipple. The anestisologist was very nice as well. Very friendly and informative. I was out like a light within seconds of the IV hitting my vein, I woke up about an hour and a half later and I didn't even think that they had started yet. Until I looked down and saw that my moobs were completely deflated!!!

After Surgery: It is now my 6th day post surgery and i can already say that i am healing rapidly. It is painful for the first couple of days (especially the first day) but its not bad at all. I have very minimal brusing (sort of greenish in color) and there was a pleat in the skin around my left moob for the first 3 days but now my moobs are just swollen. The swelling is just water buildup and should dissipate within weeks because of the wrap i am wearing. I recommend buying underarmour as well to wear underneath the wrap. I can get back to the gym in 3 weeks and start lifting again so my BF% will hopefully go down and enhance the look. There is also discoloring of one nipple and it looks like bloody almost but he said that it would go away. THe best thing about it is that I can start wearing some of my old clothes again already and everyday the swelling goes down a bit and i become less and less sore. I took before pics and I will take 6 day and 12 day etc post op pics and post them for you guys.

Overall: I can honestly say this experience was really fantastic. Dr. J and everyone is the office is extremely helpful, friendly, informative and professional. Although it is expensive for his procedures, he truely cares about all his patients and is one of the most knowledgeable surgeons in the field. I went back today for a consulation and i go back in a month because he makes sure that the healing process is working. I would definately recommend Dr. Jacobs for the procedure if you are in the NYC area. No questions asked!

If you have any personal questions, feel free to PM me.

Cheers,

Irish

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Congratulations on your great surgery experience.  Thanks for posting the details, and I hope your recovery continues to go well. 
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Fat-Elvis

• Bronze Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024