Author Topic: Crease in the nipple  (Read 4341 times)

Offline londoner

• Posting Member
Ok, I had my surgery on monday, and i've been wearing my compression garment.

I took a little peak under today, to see my right nipple is a little creased. Is this normal? I've attempted to uncrease it, but it just goes back to how it was.

Am i getting too worried about nothing, or is there genuine cause for concern?

My thoughts that were if its creased now, it will be creased forever, am I right or wrong?

Offline Eaglefan

Don't sweat it.  That's just scar tissue grabbing it underneath.  It will go away, but it will take some time.  Mine is 4 weeks post op and there is still a crease, but it gets better each day.

Offline 9Wolf

• Bronze Member
  • Seize the day! Be free of your burden...
Oh yeah... I had major creases in my left nipple. Don't worry about it. Mine was actually folded in because of so much skin. Depends on how severe your case was too. Mine was pretty severe so there was 'more' nipple that had to 'shrink'. The body should hopefully re-contour the nipples too. It's been about 7 weeks after mine and the nipple is already beginning to reset itself. Just remember that these surgeries take time and my PS said that the severity of the GC will determine the total time it takes to completely get your 'normal' looks back, generally between 3-6 months. Hope that helps.
Triple Surgery done in Chandigarh, India (Jan 10, 2008):
1. Gynecomastia Surgery (simultaneously with #2)
2. Tonsillectomy
3. Septoplasty (5 days after #1 and 2)

3 lifelong problems wiped out in a flash of knives... Now recovering and excited beyond belief. :)

Offline sergeantpepper

• Bronze Member
Hey londoner, has your crease gone away yet? I have a similar problem, but its been over a year since my op!

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
I had a lot more gland on my left side than right. i noticed that my left nipple has been creased as well.  It has clearly been done on purpose because they've used some sort of surgical glue type stuff to hold it that way.  Its slowly stretching back out as the weeks go by, my guess is that they did it to allow the nipple to reshape properly and maybe taken pressure off the scar? Dunno. Anyway i wouldnt be worried about it.  Just be patient.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline sergeantpepper

• Bronze Member
I dont think mine was that severe but i have distinct folds. Is there a possibility something else could be causing the fold? Like maybe someone the skin got re-attached to the tissue underneath? This is all speculation of course, im not a doctor. What do you guys think?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024