Author Topic: Dr. Silverman, Boston MA  (Read 1962 times)

Offline Fearless

Dr. Silverman, Boston MA
... I have decided to give back to these forums as I have learned so much from them over the past years... Long time lurker first time poster...

I had surgery with Dr. Silverman last week and will post my experience thus far.

--Before my first appointment:  I had emailed him over a year ago with many questions.  He always responded to my questions in depth and very quickly.  Before meeting him I had done a lot of research on this site and on his web page.

--Initial Consultation:  Right off the bat I was impressed with his knowledge and comfort with doing this type of procedure.  He was very confident that he would be able to fix my problem.  He took some pictures and answered all of my questions.  The whole appointment was maybe 45mins- 1 hour.  When I was leaving I felt good enough to write a check and schedule my surgery with him for the following month.

--Day of surgery:  I was extremely pleased with the whole experience here.  The nurses who worked for the hospital were all very familiar with the procedure that he performs there and put me at ease while waiting for my surgery time.  My surgery was scheduled for 10am and they told me I was his second Gyne surgery of the day and he was doing another one after me.  At 9:45am I was all prepped up in my gown and he came to do his pre surgery work.  At this point he made his markings on my chest and I met his 2 nurses who would be assisting with the surgery and the anesthesiologist.  They were all extremely nice and professional.  I was very at ease before going under.  After the surgery when I was coming to the nurses and Dr. Silverman all told me that everything went great and that I'm going to be happy with the result.  The pain was never bad.  The nurse asked if I needed any pain meds and I told her it wasn't necessary.  Before leaving the hospital I was given all the information I needed to take care of my surgery site. 

-Day 1 post op:  I called his office to set up my 1 week post op appointment and the receptionist answered some simple questions about showering. 

-Day 2 post op:  Finally got to see my results and take a shower.  I was extremely happy to see just how good my chest looked only 48 hours after the surgery!  It was such a great feeling.  I took my shower and unfortunately had to put the vest back on.

-Day 3 post op:  I started to notice some fluid buildup under my left nipple.  I emailed him after work hours on a Friday night (last night).  I wasn't expecting to get a response until Monday and I was a little concerned. 

-Day 4:  However, Saturday morning (today) he replied to my email and gave me his personal email to reach him easier.  He put me at ease with the situation and I will call him Monday if I am having any sloshing fluid and he will see me to remove it.  However, like he said I think that the fluid is starting to reabsorb into my body.

-Early overall impression:  Extremely satisfied with early results of the surgery.  Not only does he have a great reputation for this procedure, but he has always been very quick to respond to all emails both pre op and post op.  I can't wait to see him next week and learn more about the details of my surgery. 

Any questions feel free to ask.  Also I will try to update this thread as time goes on. 

Offline waves

• Silver Member
Re: Dr. Silverman, Boston MA
Congrats on the surgery!  Sounds like everything is going well and sure is nice to have a surgeon that responds that quickly to your concerns.  It seems post-op is the more concerning time for most patients as their bodies first react (swelling, fluids, pain) to the trauma of surgery and then try to heal (scarring, tissue buildup, etc.).  Congrats!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024