Author Topic: How soon again can I have surgery?  (Read 1097 times)

Offline Zim

• Posting Member
Hello,

I had surgery in November 2016. Its grown back already and I'd like to know roughly when I can I repeat the surgery? It feels/looks completely healed but I assume there might still be scar tissue or something or my body may need longer. I'm seeing an endocrinologist soon who will hopefully have some answers as to why it's growing back but I'll need to have surgery again regardless and want it done ASAP.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Europe / Re: Best affordable place for surgery in Europe?
« on: November 10, 2016, 10:13:52 am »
Well, I'm booked into the Noa Clinic for 1st December. Quite anxious at flying to a country I've never been before to have my chest cut open. There's just no resources, discussion or support for gynecomastia online, so I really don't think there are any other options than to just take the plunge. This forum is a deadzone unfortunately.

This site, which you referred to as a dead zone,  has offered good advice for many years that you chose to ignore.   You ignored repeated advice to not let price  be the thing that determines your choice of surgeon.  You ignored advice that foreign travel for surgery is not usually a good idea.  You ignored advice that the Breast growth should be stabilized  before surgery and that investigation by an endocrinologist before surgery is often a good idea. 
I am truly sorry for your present dilemma,  but this is the situation you bargained for.
I am not a surgeon, but I personally think you should wait at least a full year before even thinking about revision surgery.  The underlying tissues sometimes take much longer to heal than the skin.  It is possible that a major part of what you are looking at is residual post operative swelling.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Zim

• Posting Member
Please ignore the trolling above -

Any opinion from a surgeon or someone experienced with multiple surgeries? Just wondering what time frame I'm looking at for going under the knife again.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024