Author Topic: Spliced two plants together  (Read 412 times)

Brdy64

Just an interesting project. 

I spliced together two plants. One was a Ghost pepper seedling, and the other was a Bell pepper. 
The bell pepper seedling had smooth uniform leaves, whereas the ghost pepper had rough leaves with ragged edges. 

The new leaves coming out are not similar to either plant, but rather something in between. 
Not perfectly rounded nor smooth. 

There seems to be a blending of DNA going on within the plant. 
I am really curious on what kind of pepper the plant will end up producing 🤔

Upfront

My grandfather was a great plant experimenter.
From putting beetroot slices under daffodil bulbs to colour them, cutting hyacinth bulbs of different colours in two and  tying  them together in odd pairs drying  them until they fused and then planting .He even persuaded me to hide a box of cuttings under an xray table to try and produce mutations.
I could go on- there seemed no end to his imagination.
I wonder what horticultural use there might be for bras that are past their sell by date.
Any ideas?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 10:31:13 AM by Upfront »

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
You Tube has 'gardening hacks' videos that show how to 'recycle' old bras for planting / cultivation purposes.

Offline Delboy

• Posting Member
Hi upfront you could use your old bras as support for melons, they wont mind if the band is a bit stretched 

Upfront

The only melons that seem to grow in UK are on the front of my chest! 

Brdy64

I have started two more spliced plants together. 
My friend wants one to take home as well. 
Ghost pepper/Bell pepper plant, I call it the 'Hell pepper'

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
The only melons that seem to grow in UK are on the front of my chest!
Yep.  Not only there, but still funny.  Glad I don't have melons yet.  Hope it don't.   

Orb

I for one can't wait to hear how the "hell Pepper" is.
Good for you! Glad to hear your having fun mixing up nature as it does with us.:D

Brdy64

I for one can't wait to hear how the "hell Pepper" is.
Good for you! Glad to hear your having fun mixing up nature as it does with us.:D
First splice died, I spliced another. I still have another set to splice ready to go if this one doesn't take. 😉
I'll make it happen one way or the other. 😁

Orb

Keep it up and let us know.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024