Author Topic: Consult w/ Dr. Delgado  (Read 3229 times)

Offline severe

I just had a consult w/ Dr. Delgado, i am pretty excited about getting rid of my gyne. I am a pretty severe case, so i was expecting to pay a little more, also the fact that Dr. Delgado is doing the surgery. But i wasn't planning for as much as he quoted me. Dr. D told me it would take about 6 hours for my surgery, and i was quoted a price of $11,500 for excission and lipo on my chest and sides. I was wondering what you all thought about this. Anybody who has had surgery with Dr. Delgado, or in the bay area, i'd love to hear your comments. Also, those with severe gyne who have had surgery, how long did it take and what was the cost? Thanks.

Offline tatatoothy

• Posting Member
My surgery last month with Dr. Delgado was $6,900 for a mild-medium case of gyne.  The surgery time was 1.5 hours.  The breakdown was $4000 surgery fee, ~$1000 anaesthesia, $1900 operating room fee.  Dr. Delgado and his staff are awesome, so it was worth every penny.

Dr. Delgado initially quoted me a price of $6500, but after seeing my pictures (I live in SoCal) he said I needed a perioral lift which involved cutting a crescent moon shaped section of skin from above the nipples and reattaching the nipple after surgery (thus my scars are above the nipple, where most people's are below or to the side).  Dr. D said the lift was necessary to prevent skin from sagging under the breast.  I've lost about 45 pounds over the past two years so this may have attributed to his decision. I am very happy with how the scars are looking 6 weeks after surgery.

Good luck!

Offline tatatoothy

• Posting Member
By the way,  in addition to the lift I only had glandular excision with chest lipo, no lipo on the abdomen or oblique area...

I wish you success in whatever route you choose!

Offline severe

My procedure is going to require a perioral lift too. The breakdown is $4,600 for the surgery, $1,650 for the anesthesia, and $3,00 for the operating room. There is also $2,100 for axilla lipo, which is the area under my armpit. I saw an after shot of a patient who did't get the axilla lipo and it looked strange, so i figured i might as well have it done. Thanks for the breakdown tatatoothy, that puts my cost into perspective. Since mine is severe and will require more time and more lipo.

My wife did want me to have my abdomen and love handles done, but that would add to it, and i really don't care about those areas. My biggest concern is with my gyne. I told here if my chest was flat, i would still go to the beach and take of my shirt with my gut and love handles. That doesn't bother me. The boobs do.

Offline severe

I set up my surgery today. My pre-op is on Jan. 10 and my op. is on jan 23rd.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024