Author Topic: It's about time...  (Read 2162 times)

Offline gynecomaster

• Posting Member
What's up people,

I'm a first-time poster, but I've been looking at this forum for approx. 2 years. It was back then that I discovered what gyne actually was...because of this site and because of your posts. I am very greatful for that. Now finally, 2 years later, I have set the wheels in motion for a surgery with Dr. Fielding. I live in Montreal Quebec, and I made my way out to Toronto for a consultation last week. Needless to say Dr. Fielding was awesome. He made me feel really comfortable and explained to me exactly what what he was going to do in surgery. I stayed in Mississauga (20 mins from Fielding's office) at the Novotel...for 69.00 a night (through hotels.com). Will probably stay there again for my surgery in September (I think the 20 minute drive is worth it compared to the the compassionate rates at the Sheraton of 95$). So the total cost of surgery for a Montrealer is 2300$ with tax (for those of you frantically looking for a solution to gyne but unfortunately live in Montreal). $2300 is Dr. Fielding's expenses and the rest (the hospital fees) is covered by Quebec healthcare. I find $2300 to be relatively cheap, to rid myself of something that has made me feel insecure and humiliated for the last 7 years or so.

I guess the only thing that really concerns me now is surgery complications and how to lie to my family/friends about why I'll be out of commission for a few weeks. Some of my family knows, but not everyone. So anyway, I'll be setting up an account soon to post pics. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone again, this forum is really a great thing.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
"It's about time" is right....  ;)

Geeze, 2 years and only 1 post.... Come on guy, get with the program....   :P

BTW.... Congrats!

John.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 09:59:52 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline 3cheers

• Posting Member
About hiding the surgery. Tell them you pulled a muscle in your upper back. That will keep you friends from wreslting and your slow ackward movements from family. It will also explain the wrap around your chest.

3cheerrrs

Offline Augustus

• Posting Member
its pretty easy to hide gyne surgery - it all looks pretty discreet when youve got the garment on and everything - so you can tell them pretty much anything. I even told someone I had a root canal! haha.

Offline gynecomaster

• Posting Member
Thanks guys,

I guess the lying aspect won't be hard...I guess the thing that has been worrying me lately is post-op complications...and since I live in Quebec, I can't very well go back to Fielding's at the sight of a problem. Like a hematoma or something. Just under 2 months 2 go till surgery! Excited but a little nervous. I absolutely hate going under anesthesia. I know it is irrational, but I'm afraid I won't wake up. I know it's very unlikely...since I had surgery with general anesthetics before so the odds of complication with regards to that are extremely low but still, I find it scary a bit.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024