Author Topic: Nolva or Raloxifene  (Read 3500 times)

Offline obsesses

Hello Everyone,

Im new and wanted advise from you knowledgeable folks. I have a mild case of Gyno brought on by what i think anti depressants I took years ago and probably aggravated by finasteride which I have now stopped taking. Im willing to first go with medications. Which should I take Nolva or raloxifene and can someone enlighten me on the dosage from day one please?

I have also been to 3 endo's one of whom said I needed surgery. Other 2 believe it is pseudo (i hope that is what it is) and prescribed me B Long tablets. I have taken them for 2 weeks now but they dont seem to have any effect hence im considering more potent meds.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline obsesses

just wanted to add: The endo's have done a complete hormone check. My testosterone count is very high 800 and prolactin levels are quite low as well but my nipples can be quite sensitive. Why do you think this is? Can estrogen also be high if T is? or do i need to get it evaluated?

Your opinions please guys.

Offline Sven

• Posting Member
Can estrogen also be high if T is?
It is very likely that your estrogen levels will be high if your testosterone levels are high.  Estrogen is actually made from the circulating testosterone in the body by an enzyme called aromatase; so as testosterone levels increase, there will be more free testosterone available for "aromatization" and the production of estrogen.  That is why "aromatase inhibitors" are used by steroid users who are upping their T levels, they are trying to prevent their bodies from converting the extra testosterone into estrogen, therefore preventing gynecomastia from developing.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Sven,

If you had looked, The person who originally started this thread only posted two times, on the same day, in July of 2011, and has not been back since.

Your opinion and interest is valued but in this case you simply revived a dead thread and made clutter.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Sven

• Posting Member
If you had looked, The person who originally started this thread only posted two times, on the same day, in July of 2011...

...you simply revived a dead thread and made clutter.

If this thread is dead and an answer to a question which someone took the time to write is irrelevant at this point, then I suppose the moderators ought to delete the thread altogether.  Because the thread still exists, there is a possibility someone will stumble upon it like I did and find an answer to a question that applies to them.  I scan a lot of discussions where I don't always post and have found really applicable information even in older threads.  Maybe you don't do that; howeverI think calling someone's answer to a question, albeit an old question, is a bit snarky and does not add anything of value to this forum.

hammer

Oh my, some people do have problems with constructive criticism!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 07:21:28 PM by hammer »

Offline Sven

• Posting Member
@hammer
I guess you're referring to me.  Fair enough, I don't like constructive criticism.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024