Author Topic: New and looking for advice... *Pic added*  (Read 1952 times)

Offline BH1979

Hello all, I just came accross the website and I think this could be the place to get my questions answered.  I am 27 and have have gyno since I was about 14.  It started with tenderness in my chest, and then developed from there.  My whole life I was skinny until I was about 23 and I started to gain weight.  I think it was actually worse when I was skinny because it was more noticable.  Now I have gained weight and the problem is I can not motivate myself to lose it because of my chest.  I want to talk to a Dr. and see about treatment options but I am not sure where to start.  Is surgery the only option, or what else may they suggest other than weight loss?  I have to do something because it is starting to feel like it is taking over my life.  I have a boat that I hate to go on because I won't take off my shirt, I constantly cover my chest with tight shirts and multiple layers, and my fiancee has never even seen me with my shirt off.... that is sad.  I don't want to fight with this anymore and I would love to here what you all have to say.  I will get some pics up as soon as I can so you can see what I am dealing with.  Thanks again for the support.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 08:48:31 PM by BH1979 »

Offline JeepKuntry

• Posting Member
What is your height and weight?  I would set a goal of exactly how many pounds you want to lose.  Once you are at least 1/2 way there I would get the surgery.  You should know from your skinnier days that the gyno isn't going to disappear by itself.  You will not be able to simply work out and burn the fat away.  In many cases your chest size will increase with workouts.  Start with some consultations and let them know of your intentions.  Go with a board certified PS.  Avoid any PS that suggests lipo only!

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I agree with JeepKuntry, but in my case it was also hard to motivate myself to lose weight because even though my belly got smaller my chest still looked massive with bulbous puffy nips. 

Now that I've had surgery, though, I have been working out and eating right.  I've lost a lot of weight (from 245 to my present weight of 205) and brought my muscles back to life as well.   It's like finally seeing my normal-looking chest in the mirror has made me WANT to make the rest of my body more proportional.  The surgery broke my mental block on getting fit. 

My point is that you should go see a gyne-experience plastic surgeon now for a consultation.  It is easier for the surgeon if you have less fat to have to sculpt around, but IMHO it's better to go ahead and have the surgery if your gyne is what's keeping you from losing weight and getting in shape in the first place. 

I also agree that you should run like bees are after you if the PS says you're getting lipo only with no excision of gland. 

I
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline BH1979

Here is a pic.  I have it pretty bad if I do say so myself.  What do you guys think?  Suggestions?  I am over weight and I know that does not help at all, but they do not go away with weight loss.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
You aren't going to lose that with a weight loss program.  Weight loss would help your chances of good surgery results, though.  It appears that there's a lot of loose skin you'll have to deal with as well.  Definitely go see a gyne-experienced PS.  Go with somebody who's done a lot of these surgeries.  Avoid a novice at all costs.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024