Author Topic: Gyne documentary on MTV Apr 12, 2005  (Read 10372 times)

ifgyne2

There will be a documentary on gynecomastia surgery on MTV on Tues April 12, 2005 at 10pm Eastern time.  Check your local listings for correct cable channel.

Offline GynoVict1m

• Gold Member
  • Stand Strong
I am anticipating this episode very much.. 1 1/2 hours to go!!!

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
 :o Did I hear $6,500 for what looked like a lipo only :o

I went with just your average-joe board certified plastic surgeon and my results look the same if not better than the guy on that documentary. I paid under $3,000. That guy got raped!!!
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Yeah I noticed that too.  You could still see some gland afterward but it was a big improvement.  I would never pay for lipo-only surgery, let alone pay $6500 for it, but whatever.

That stuff he was saying about shirts and all that - that's exactly how I feel.  His case was extremely similar to how mine is, and that just makes me even more anxious.

42 DAYS TO GO!
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline carguy

• Gold Member
  • boobfree 2003!!
that was a good episode. I wonder if the guy post here.
I got to give it to this guy for having the balls to go on mtv.

Offline vaio

Yeah, hands down, he has some balls to do the mtv thing. I wonder if mtv paid for his surgery?

Offline pe175

• Silver Member
No, it said that the guy decided for surgery before mtv even got involved.  Only after he made the decision, did mtv decide to document him.

two questions:

1) How would you guys classify his case of gyno?  Extreme, Moderate, or Mild

2) How much is the cheapest gyno surgery could be>?

Offline vaio

His gyne was minor/moderate. If you have your surgery done with a basic board certified plastic surgeon surgery should be no more than $4,000.

If a ps is board certified he is trained  in doing gynecomastia procedure. Its a very minor operation.

The incision is made just under the areola. The gland is right there to be excised. Lipo (countouring) is done by all plastic surgeons. Its is one of the most common procedures done throughout the body. All plastic surgeons are trained in doing it. It doesn't take an "expert", unless you have a major case..

Offline milk_caps

• Posting Member
after the 6 weeks you could still see the way his shirt would stick out on his side profile.

was that swelling or still gland???

he was still over weight a bit.  but i think his chest will be pretty good after a couple months in the gym. i think he will get a nice square cut look.

"but c'mon buddy"    ARNOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Offline nukem2k5

The incision is made just under the areola. The gland is right there to be excised. Lipo (countouring) is done by all plastic surgeons.

Luckily I found a PS who does the incision under the armpit only, does the lipo, then pulls the gland out, so there's no scar on the areaola.

Offline GynoVict1m

• Gold Member
  • Stand Strong
now that i actually see what happens during the surgery, i bet it actually is very painful afterwards

Offline Spleen

His seemed more like fat to me than anything else.  It really didn't look that bad.  That said, if you have a problem area where you store fat it can be really, really hard to diet and work it off, so sometimes the cannula can be the best solution.

ifgyne2

I was the operating surgeon on the MTV show and I would like to set the record straight so as to end the needless speculation by all the posts above.

Jay consulted me first and decided to have gyne surgery.  MTV contacted me around the same time--seeking a patient for their series.  When I offered it to Jay, he decided to participate.  He paid for his own surgery--MTV did not pay a dime!

My standard fee for surgery is $6500, which includes surgery, anesthesia, operating room fees and all post-operative care, including touch-up surgery if necessary (rare).  Fees will vary around the country.

As for "any plastic surgeon" being capable of doing this surgery, let me state that there is expertise in everything.  I have performed well over 1200 of these operations--you do get to be real good at it.

As for the result, obviously at six weeks he was still swollen and firm--that is to be expected and is totally normal.  That was not the final result.

As for the technique utilized:  I use aggressive liposuction with instruments of my own design for gyne surgery.  My agreement with my patients is that if I am unable to get them flat with lipo alone, then I will immediately perform a small peri-areolar incision and remove the rest of the tissue in that manner.  However, if I am satisfied during surgery that he is absolutely flat, and if I can avoid making the additional incision, I will do so.  In general, healing is better and faster if a peri-areolar incision can be avoided.  In Jay's case, I was able to successully sculpt his chest without the need for an additional incision.  Jay was not "cheated" out of a complete operation.

Trust this clears the air.

Dr. Jacobs 
New York City

Offline nukem2k5

Offline gynegoawayplz

• Posting Member
  • gyne sucks
I wish I could step out of the black and into the white.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024