Author Topic: closeup photos of areola incision  (Read 10113 times)

Offline gynebob3

• Bronze Member
I had gynecomastia surgery 9 months ago (lipo + exicision).
Im not happy with how the incisions turned out on the right side..I think the surgeon could have done a better job closing the incisions.
As you can see in my 12 days post op photos the edges dont really meet correctly, giving me noticable scaring now at 9 months..
Had i knew this would happen I would have flown right back and made the surgeon correct it right then...damn...
But since the incisions was red the first months they blended nicely into the areola color so I didnt care.

Then the scars lighten and turn white making them more noticable...

It also look like the incisions dont follow the edge of the areola

My left areola has 2 white dots on each side, quite noticable too

anyone else have closeups of their incisions 1 year post op or more (when they are not red anymore)?
(Ive seen grandpa Bambus closeups , doctor did a really god job on those!)

Any suggestions on what I can do to improve the appearance? u think they will be less noticable in the future? Scar revision surgery?

here are my photos :

12 days post op, right side

9 month, right side

9 months, leftside (still have lots of scar tissue under the incision line pushing out the areola)

« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 11:19:11 AM by gynebob3 »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Who was your surgeon dude?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline gynebob3

• Bronze Member
a swedish plastic surgeon
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 11:11:30 AM by gynebob3 »

Offline Don Won I

• Bronze Member
Have you tried Mederma or Cocoa Butter for the scarring? Mederma is fairly expensive and does a decent job. I saw improvement with it. On the flip side, I heard that Cocoa Butter can produce the same results and at a cheaper price. I haven't tried it though.

Offline flex1appeal

Big deal....so you have a little white line next to your nipple? Not even that noticeable expecially from a distance. Mine is a tiny bit larger and I can't even tell unless I am really looking. It is far better than having the gyne IMO. Granted, it would have been nice to not have it but plastic surgery is not an exact science.

flex

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Placement of the incision and suture quality (very apparent in Pic #4) are questionable...  :-\

GB

Offline proxie

• Posting Member
It doesn't look too bad to me?  Dude, you should see my lipo scars.  4 dark spots in the middle of my chest from liposuction.   Totally sucks and I was devastated.  Still bothers me to this day over 2 years post op from a failed lipo only from sharp cannula surgery.

Can you post some far away shots?  Yes Grandpa Bambu's scars look excellent, though I'm sure a lot of how scarring results is just due to a person's genetic tendency.  How a surgeon closes the wound helps from what Dr. Berman has said before.

Offline Bolognianips

• Silver Member
From what I can see of the latest pictures, It's almost hard to tell you have the procedure at all.  Mind you thats a zoomed in picture of your nipple, and I know what I'm looking for.  If I were standing 2 feet from you I would have no idea.  Pretty much anyone who hasn't had gyne, would never notice a thing, or think that any inconstancies in your nipple would be due to an operation.

Offline rowdy99

• Bronze Member
looks pretty good to me...

Offline Grandpa Bambu

If I were standing 2 feet from you I would have no idea.  Pretty much anyone who hasn't had gyne, would never notice a thing, or think that any inconstancies in your nipple would be due to an operation.

You're right there dude... Even though the 'closing' could have been a tad better, anyone who isn't in the 'know', would not suspect anything...

How about some 'Distance' shots gyenbob3? (3-4 feet)

GB

cody sockeye

that is what bad scars look like? Shooooooooot. I thought a "bad" scar would look a hell of a lot worse than that. It looks almost unnoticable to me if you look at it from a normal difference and your not telling people to stare at your nipple point blank... :P

Offline gynebob3

• Bronze Member
Ok here are some distance photos...But remember they are taken with a bad webcam in bad lighting conditions...
so I guess it would be better if u just walk 10 feet away from your computer and look at the first closeups, that would give u a better indication what they would look like in real life hehe..

Another thing I notice is that my left and right side are healing in different tempos...I hope that in the end they will look more symmetrical. I read that Paul Levick (british surgeon who had the procedure performed on himself by another surgeon) said that it took 3 years before he healed completely, he still looked messed up at 1 year post op. So im still hoping....

to Don Won I  : No I havent tried mederma or cocoa butter, but I used Scarfade gel for 3 months every morning and evening.

I know the scars arent that horrible...Some days I dont care about them, some days (especially when Im depressed) I obsess about them plus other scars I have around on my body.

Maybe the incisions would look better if the surgeon used sutures on the outer layers? He asked me if I wanted them glued together and I said yes...I didnt want to travel back to get suture removal. I forgot to ask what would give the best results and what he normally does...
If you look at photo number 4 in my first post it looks like the edges have been slightly pulled apart.

Distance 12 days post op

9 months post op

before operation

click here if you want to see the glands that were taken out :
http://home.no/funkyguy/glands.JPG

« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 06:08:08 AM by gynebob3 »

Offline sergeantpepper

• Bronze Member
In your last 2 close up pics I noticed a little line in the middle of your nipple. I have the same thing but a lot more distinct. Has your PS said anything about this? Probably not as yours is very subtle but it does concern me a lot.

DrBermant

I had gynecomastia surgery 9 months ago (lipo + exicision).
Im not happy with how the incisions turned out on the right side..I think the surgeon could have done a better job closing the incisions.
As you can see in my 12 days post op photos the edges dont really meet correctly, giving me noticable scaring now at 9 months..
Had i knew this would happen I would have flown right back and made the surgeon correct it right then...damn...
But since the incisions was red the first months they blended nicely into the areola color so I didnt care.

Then the scars lighten and turn white making them more noticable...

It also look like the incisions dont follow the edge of the areola

My left areola has 2 white dots on each side, quite noticable too

anyone else have closeups of their incisions 1 year post op or more (when they are not red anymore)?
(Ive seen grandpa Bambus closeups , doctor did a really god job on those!)

Any suggestions on what I can do to improve the appearance? u think they will be less noticable in the future? Scar revision surgery?

here are my photos :

12 days post op, right side

9 month, right side

9 months, leftside (still have lots of scar tissue under the incision line pushing out the areola)

The areola chest skin interface is a great place to hide a scar.  However, each surgeon has their own variations on the technique, skills, and results.  How a scar evolves after surgery depends on the problem treated, surgeons methods, artistry, after surgery care, scar care, after surgery compression garments, how a patient heals, and other factors.

Check out the many before after pictures here:
These results are typical for my sculpture of my patients.

How tissues move is important.  The human body is beautiful in animation.  That is why I show pictures of the chest with arms up, down, and with muscles tight / relaxed in addition to the results from multiple views.  Limited view demonstrations can pick the best angle to hide deformities and problems.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline gynebob3

• Bronze Member
sergeantpepper : I never noticed the little line in the middle of the nipple. .. It may be due to the skin contracting creating a little fold after removing the gland and fat that was pushing the skin out. It doesnt bother me at all.
Skin may continue shrinking months after surgery so maybe yours will improve.

Bermant, I miss some high quality extreme closeups of typical healed incisions on your site, I couldnt really find any detailed photos.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 06:13:20 AM by gynebob3 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024