Author Topic: Apologies, but yet another "Is it bad?" thread.  (Read 4038 times)

Offline Salpy

• Posting Member
23 years old, 6'0" 165lbs. The pictures below (side and front) and taken from a relaxed position, on a hot, balmy July evening (damn A/C...work damn you, work!).

SIDE: http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=509451
FRONT: http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=509452

I first noticed having puffy nipples when I was about 17, likely caused to due puberty. Once I turned 19 (legal drinking age in Canada), I started drinking pretty heavily, up until literally 2 weeks ago. When I say heavy, I mean about 1.5-2 litres (50-60oz) of 10% beer every 2-3 days from 19-21...every night from 22-23.

I'm fed up with waking up every morning feeling like shit, and the possibility that a severely incapacitaed liver over the last 4 years could have been sustaining this puffy nipple issue has given me some motivation to quit the bottle and eat a hell of a lot better.

So, how bad does it look to a community that has experienced this issue and seen countless pictures of people with the same deal? To myself, I can't stand not being able to wear a fitted shirt without protruding in the chest area slightly...but I know that this likely only a stage I-II case on the scale I've read about, and not as bad as it could be.

Also, I am not an expert, but I have scoured every single Gyne site I can find in an effort to deduce the cause and possible options here on in. Many seem convinced that if a patient is out of puberty and a gland still exists, the ONLY POSSIBLE option is surgery, especially from what I've read on Gyne.org. I'm not entirely convinced, especially since the P.S. I wrote to here in N.S., Canada explained that he will not operate on a patient unless they are off the booze, 'roids, or other typical Gyne-cause related factors in the event that breast fullness reduces.

Anyways.../wall-of text...thanks for any advice you all may have.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 10:06:53 PM by Salpy »

cody sockeye

I'd say its pretty bad. I rate it a 6.5/10, ten being worst. I doubt you'd have much luck from simply working out, surgery lookss like a good idea for you. There are plenty qualified surgeons in Canada and it's free to get it done (lucky bastard!)

I highly doubt it will go away on its own. Also, I'm not sure booze contributes to gynecomastia, though I could be wrong.

Offline Salpy

• Posting Member
I'd say its pretty bad. I rate it a 6.5/10, ten being worst. I doubt you'd have much luck from simply working out, surgery lookss like a good idea for you. There are plenty qualified surgeons in Canada and it's free to get it done (lucky bastard!)

I highly doubt it will go away on its own. Also, I'm not sure booze contributes to gynecomastia, though I could be wrong.

Free? No, quoted $1,500 - $7,500.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
cody sockeye...

For most in Canada, GRS is not free. However, in many cases government health care will pay for excision and all hospital costs. The patient pays for the lipo portion of the procedure only...

Salpy...

It really doesn't matter whether you have slightly puffy areolas or if you have full blown breasts... The psychological pain is just the same!

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

cody sockeye

cody sockeye...

For most in Canada, GRS is not free. However, in many cases government health care will pay for excision and all hospital costs. The patient pays for the lipo portion of the procedure only...

GB

Sorry  :-[

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
No need to be 'sorry' dude.  ;)

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024