Author Topic: how do you tell parents about your Gynecomastia?  (Read 3804 times)

Offline moobiesfighter

• Bronze Member
today im seeing my docotor And before I go, I want to tell my mom that im going to ask her about my gyne.
My parents probably see that I got puffy nipples, but dont think its a problem. Ive never really told them or anyone about it. But Today I will.
Whats the best way to tell your parents?

Offline flex1appeal

Just be direct and honest about your condition and how it makes you feel. Parents typically don't like to see their children in turmoil and will more than likely be supportive.

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member

Offline moobiesfighter

• Bronze Member
ok
I just got back from my doctor.
She checked my Gyne problem and all she said was "its a normal thing that happens to some males, when they go through puberty, As the years go by they will go away"

I dont have massive messed up Gyne but , I just got puffy nipples..
What do you think?
She talked about it like its such a normal thing and not a big deal.
She didn't mention surgery or pill's or anything. She told me not to worry and that it will go away.
If its true then t will probably live with puffy nipples till im 20 or so...
But idk, I still feel a little depressed that I got puffy nipples and not normal ones..

My parents were very supportive though even if they didn't even know how to pronounce Gynecomastia..
But I guess they agreed with the doctor..
Im sort of relieved but uhh I just wish my nipples wern't so puffy, I still wouldn't go to the pool or beach.

cody sockeye

Everyone's parents are different. The way I told my mom is like this... I just pulled her aside one day and I said "I think there's a problem with my chest" naturally she asked "what" and I told her everything. I was honest, I educated her on gynecomastia, and now she understands completely what is going on with me. Bottom line: just swallow your pride and be truthful. No worries, she's your mom.

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
 I  could never tell  me parents so I drank all thru my adolescence and  early adult hood ,

I WOULD NOT suggest anyone go this route

Offline hope2recover

• Silver Member
well nice step
so any pic ?
how old r u ?
after how many years will it go away ?

Offline moobiesfighter

• Bronze Member

Offline moobiesfighter

• Bronze Member
IM 17, IVE HAD Gyne since I was 12