Author Topic: Been to see the surgeon....  (Read 6222 times)

Offline Ross_Mk2

• Posting Member
so today was the day i went to see the new surgeon at my local hospital....... seems ok i don't think i can really turn it down tbh when i have been offered an operation date of just over a week!

Few things, he wants to get in there first with the lypo and see what he can do with that, i told him just take the lot out in one hit that way i am happy its not coming back and its going to be perfectly flat..... his answer to that was if he takes everything out there is a chance it will become in-dented, look deformed he said it could even end up looking nothing like a nipple, this is why he will not promise to take everything out, but take it a step at a time, get in there then see what he can do for the best. Does this sound ok?

Told me that i will be out of action for between 3-4weeks and he doesn't advertise compression vests, he wants to rap me up tight in a bandage! He also made it clear that there could be complications, not that its likely he said but he wants me to keep a level head just incase it doesn't go like a dream!

What do you guys think? I need to make my mind up pretty quick or i will be put back to the bottom of the waiting list, the guy seems to know what he is talking about and to be doing it often there is a guy in the ward now who has just had the op!

GynO_DuDe

How severe is your gyno? If its just a case of puffy nipples then what he's saying is basically dont expect to be looking like the front cover of Mens Health Magazine ...

My case is severe, so my surgeon (Dr Levick) has basically promised that i'll DEFINITELY be happy with the results ... (obviously the larger the gyno you have when its removed you'll definitely be happier then the way it used to be).

Any way, back to the point, your surgeon sounds about right ... i'd get it done, he said he's going to take it a step at a time, so I personally think hes going to do a good job.

Offline Ross_Mk2

• Posting Member
You from the midlands, if you are you know why i am a little scared its Russells Hall Hospital!!

Yeah mine is no so servere mainly puffy nipples but there is quite a bit of fat no ammount of training can shift!

GynO_DuDe

Nah mate im from the South East its a 100 odd mile drive for me to get to Birminghams Priory Hospital.

If youve got fat, then it can be shifted by working out. But the puffyness can only be corrected through surgery.

Either way I think you should go for it! I mean im paying £4000 for my op because NHS cant fund my operation, but then again, im confident in Dr Levicks hands knowing hes been a sufferer himself and hes done LOADS of ops on people on this forum and countless others.

Offline Ross_Mk2

• Posting Member
Will have to see what happens, i want the lot taking out i think after i have healed the training i will do on my pecs will sort and concaved-ness out!

Where can i get a good, cheap compression vest within a week from? My surgeon didn't mention it but listening to people on here there seem a definate!

Offline Ross_Mk2

• Posting Member
Its getting close now!!!!!  :-[  :-[ I have to go into hospital today and the op will be hopefully tomorrow morning!

I think i am most worried about what i will have to take in with me!

Offline Flaj

• Posting Member

Offline Ross_Mk2

• Posting Member
I am bricking it now!!!!!  :-[  :-[  :-[

Have to be in by 6:30 tonight and my operation is not untill 2moro morning :( What the hell am i going to do for 12+hours????

Offline TommyA

• Posting Member
Good luck, just think to yourself that within 24 hours it will be sorted out and gone. The worst bit is the waiting at the hospital

GynO_DuDe

How did the operation go!?

Offline Ross_Mk2

• Posting Member
Well i am back home gents!! I was let out yesterday but as you can apreciate (sp?) the pc was not my first port of call :D

I think the op went ok, i am strapped up tights as a nuns atm so will not know anything untill next week sometime! In a little discomfort but didn't expect it to be totally painless!

NHS treatment was superb, ward was clean, staff excellent & procedure spot on! Worst experience for me: REMOVAL OF DRAINS!!!!! OUCH!!!!!!!! What a nasty feeling that was and hope more than anything not to go through again, i really do feel for women with breast cancer and the like that have to have several of these nasty things in!

So.... the mountain has been climbed its just a stready absail down the other side now (all being well)

Offline Flaj

• Posting Member
Well done !!!!, you got any before and after pics???

Offline Ross_Mk2

• Posting Member
No pictures as yet folkes!

But the dressing came off yesterday i nearly passed out when i looked down at myself.... even closer than i was when the drains came out!!!

Ok so i am in a little bit of pain now, still bruised and a little concaved nips are almost inverted too which looks wierd, but i think (hope) this will right itself a little further down the line! I am happy at this point that i can wear t-shirts over the top of my vest and be flat! I am comfortable to venture outside the door in just my compression vest too!!!

Again thanks to this site for giving me the kick up the rectum to get it sorted!

Offline harry123

• Posting Member
 I know this doesn’t have much relevance to the above, but can anyone tell me why when the bandages come of etc; you feel all light headed and faint? Is it shock?

Harry

Offline outertrial

Dunno, I felt ok. Theyre quite tight so it might be the blood flow changing.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024