Author Topic: DDay  (Read 2806 times)

Offline shaggy-dude

• Posting Member

Am scheduled for op tommorow with Mr Levick

Seems to have been a slow month since I saw him with thought's going for and against having it done but ultimately I know I'll be on the table getting it done tommorrow.

I went to the bank the other day to drag the cash out and realised I'd forgotten my coat, the wind blew on my standard issue gyne sufferer mega big baggy t-shirt and I looked down (whilst hunching and doing the "oooh I have an itchy eye/nose/chin/ type camoflague" move we all know) and just thought.. feck it.. gotta sort  it..no backing out.

So by tommorow night I'll be several inches/pounds/ounces/litres lighter and feeling pretty s**t I'm guessing.

Haven't told anyone cept a girlfriend I'm gonna have it done so have booked into hotel for the friday night to chill and she's coming down to stay with me.. and I'll probs stay saturday too before heading home..

Thanks to everyone on the boards for sharing their journey as it was you guys that influenced me to go for it after about 18 years of putting up with it..

I'll post before and after pics when I can see straight...but trust me .. there's quite a bit to be sorted.

next time I post I'll be (battered, bruised and £3650 lighter) gyne-less... what a freaky thought.  ;D
sorted by the "levickmeister" april 14th 2005
pics here
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/share/view?i=EeAN2jdw0ctHDiY

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Good luck. This time last week I was about 3 hours post op. It's all pretty easy.
etc.

Offline John1984

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery done, all good
Good luck son
Surgery performed on 29th March by Mr. Mark Gittos
Pre-Op Pictures: http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/j0hn_1984/album?.dir=/91c8
Post-Op pictures coming as soon as I can work out how to use my camera

Offline uk_bloke

• Bronze Member
    • my pictures
good luck matey.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 12:31:01 PM by uk_bloke »

Offline uk_bloke

• Bronze Member
    • my pictures

I went to the bank the other day to drag the cash out and realised I'd forgotten my coat, the wind blew on my standard issue gyne sufferer mega big baggy t-shirt and I looked down (whilst hunching and doing the "oooh I have an itchy eye/nose/chin/ type camoflague" move we all know) and just thought.. feck it.. gotta sort  it..no backing out.

very funny ,very true
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 12:36:26 PM by uk_bloke »

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
Best of luck Shaggy-Dude.

Yeah, like Uk-Bloke says, VERY true. We all know where you're coming from.

Here's something for you to look forward to; whether you read it before your op or when you get back:

Went to the pub tonight to watch the mighty Liverpool defend their lead against Juve and the Ultras. A few months ago I wouldn't have jumped up and screamed like a madman, sticking my chest out like a gorilla when the final whistle was blown.

I had no inhibitions whatsoever - to and from the bar or bog, I walked upright, chest out, pride undented - I had nothing to be shamed of; nothing to hide.

What a night.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 12:40:17 PM by AJP »
Another happy Levick Lad.

Offline serg

• Silver Member
All the best mate!

Offline Bubble

• Posting Member
Reds were major last night AJP. Lets hope Stevie 'I hope we get Chelsea in the Champions League' Gerrard can lead us to the final.

By the way are you from Liverpool?

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
Hi Bubble.

I'm not from Liverpool, but I was born in Wales (moved to South Yorkshire when I was 1, before anyone starts with the Sheep-Shagger jokes!). I loved the way they played in the 80's, and with Liverpool being closest to Wales I suppose it stuck.

Gerrard actually said a funny thing the other day, something like:

"I'm sure we'll do fine in the second leg against Juve; the team have been without me before and they don't miss me at all".

I hope it's not his way of saying "It won't be the end of the world for Liverpool if I move to Chelsea".

We'll need Gerrard if we're going to improve next season.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024