Author Topic: I've got it.. but how bad? Surgery scheduled in 2 weeks!  (Read 4632 times)

Offline Maddog78

• Posting Member
Dr. Eric Elwood.. here's his bio.  My regular doctor recommended him.  Seems like he has a pretty good background.  He said he does 10-15 of these surgeries a year.  Most of them being worse than my condition.  He took alot of time with me to explain how things are done.  No compression vest, but I will have drains.  His fee was pretty reasonable, $4700 for the whole shot (includes putting me under and facility fee).  Surgery is slated for August 31st.

My biggest hang up is the puffiness and size of my nipples.  He said the size of my areolas would reduce some after surgery.  I think my expectations are realistic.  All I have to do to get the look I am seeking is look in the mirror at my chest and push my nipples back a bit.  At that point I'm pretty flat.  Getting the excision is going to be the big thing and the lipo will only help.

ERIC T. ELWOOD, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Dr. Eric T. Elwood is originally from Peoria. He attended the University of Illinois where he earned his bachelor of arts degree in Biology. He went on to Emory University School of Medicine where he earned his doctorate of medicine. He continued there with his residency in both general and plastic surgery. He completed a Fellowship in Craniofacial and Pediatric Plastic Surgery at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare in St. Paul, Minnesota.

Dr. Elwood is currently the Division Chief of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and an Assistant Professor of Surgery at the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Peoria. He is also the Chief of Pediatric Plastic Surgery at the Children's Hospital of Illinois in Peoria.

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
You're right in having the op, I think that was the solution. It's not that bad as the other post said but noticeable. Keep us posted and good luck !

Offline Maddog78

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply.  I can't wait to get this over with!  Any other comments?

Offline Maddog78

• Posting Member
Where might I find one of these compression shirts?  Sell them online?

Offline flex1appeal

I think the size of your nipples is what brings attention to it. The gyne itself isn't all that bad. It is noticeable though and I would have the surgery too. I'd say you are a 4 out of 10. Your nipples do shrink somewhat in size after the surgery but don't get your hopes up too much for natural reduction. It may not shrink to a size and shape you are hoping for. You may want to have areola reduction performed too. Just my thoughts

Offline Maddog78

• Posting Member
I'm 1 week before my surgery.  I am going to call my PS tomorrow and see about a areola reduction too.  If I'm going under the knife, I might as well have it all done at once.  Hopefully, it will not cost too much more.  He mentioned areola reduction in my consultation, but we only spoke of it briefly.  I will keep you all posted.  Thanks for the comments.

Offline Maddog78

• Posting Member
It amazing the different emotions I have been through the past month.  From being all out determined to better myself and improve my self-confidence to second guessing my decision to have surgery.  Right now, I am 4 days from surgery.  I am wondering if I will really get the results I desire. I am not looking for a perfect chest, just one I don't need to feel embarassed about with or without my shirt on.  The pointy, puddy nipples bother me the most.  I don't think i am going to get an areola reduction because those don't bother me too much.  If they just shrink just a little after surgery, I think I will be happy. Just venting my thoughts...

Offline unknownman

• Silver Member
  • My war against gyne ends 10/8/07
your gyne looks just like mine good luck with the operation man

Offline Maddog78

• Posting Member
Unknownman.. did you have surgery and if so how did it turn out?

Offline Maddog78

• Posting Member
Denverguy.. thanks for your support!

Well I need to be at the hospital at 6am tomorrow morning (ouch).  I am going to talk to the doctor before the survery to find out how necessary having drains will be.  I'd rather go without them, but I do not want to comprimise my results.  I'm going to go out tonight with a few friends to have some drinks.  I think this will help me sleep tonight because I know my mind is going to race at 100 MPH all night thinking about this.  Obviously, nothing after midnight to eat or drink.  I think this is one of the most important things I have done for myself and I am really looking forward to getting rid of my curveish boobs.  I will post an update tomorrow and maybe some pics if I have some at that point.

Later!

Offline Maddog78

• Posting Member
I am now 10 hrs post op!  Everything went very well.  The doctor and his staff were very knowledgeable and friendly.  I do not remember anything from the surgery other than 1 second I was in the OR and the next I was in recovery.  He did put drains in, but I think it is going to be for the best.  Took a look at my chest and I couldn't believe the difference.  It's flat!  I know I have a couple week of swelling ahead of me, but overall I am pretty satisfied.  I am at my mom's for the night, but I will post some pics this weekend.  Thanks again for all of your support!  ;D

Offline mnext02

• Posting Member
Hey how are you doing now that its about 2 weeks later?
are you 100% happy?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024