Author Topic: CT Scan/MRI  (Read 2172 times)

franklinop

This question is for anyone who has only had gland removal. 24 years old, Had the gland in the left side since 14, and 2 years later it started on the right side. The glands are pretty big now in each side.

My problem is that I am in pretty good shape, and do not have much fat on my chest, so when I go see an out of shape doctor, he tells me Im crazy and many people would love to have that chest. It pisses me off because I can feel the gland and see how it puffs out (especially from a side view). So after I wasted my time and money with a ps, I went to a GP who said that I might want to look into getting a ct scan or mri on the chest to see if there is any tissue. Has anyone had a similar experience, or been able to see the gland through a scan.

Offline gyne35

• Posting Member
The only thing i can relate is that in my teens, my GP doctor thought I had a hormone imbalance due to relatively large boobs on a relatively skinny frame.  I was sent for blood work and a CT scan, but they reportedly came back "normal".  This was easily 20 years ago, though, so I'm sure CT and MRI resolution and scanning detail have come along way. 

The way I understand it, CT is basically a 3 dimensional X-ray which is best suited to harder structures - bone, cartilage, etc.  MRI will reveal the softer tissue in detail.  I would lean toward saying the MRI would give better detail of the different tissue in the chest, but maybe others will have better input.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024