Author Topic: Liposuction  (Read 2522 times)

Offline Chilli

• Posting Member
Hi Guys

Came back from a meeting with my PS today and he said that the results of the ultrasound showed that i have pseudogynecomastia (sp? Fatty tissue) and that my breast discs are perfectly normal, i just have excessive fat in my chest. He then went on to tell me that liposuction ONLY would be the best option, now I am a little worried as I have seen and read from the history that many are not happy with liposuction only. I think I also have a little case of puffy nipples, what do you all think? Will post a picture so you can see for yourselves... WHen i figure out how :)

Anything would be appreciated!

Muchos gracias

Offline Chilli

• Posting Member
Sorry for the poo quality, had to keep cutting it in order to reach the required file size, no idea how else to do it!

Offline Johnny Wishbone

• Posting Member
Set up a FlickR page or similar and post a link.

Offline outertrial

Ultrasound is not thought to be an effective way to detect fibrous gland that is dispersed within fat. I was assured by two surgeons I had  no gland and just needed lipo and went with the third one who said there was. He removed gland and did lipo and my results are fine. I doubt they would have been if id just had lipo.

There have been a lot of complaints about lipo only here. Some  lipo only ops may be successful  but in general a good gyne surgeon will be prepared to remove gland even if they dont eventually find any.

Offline TommyA

• Posting Member
I think that it would not hurt at all if they made the incision to see if there is gland there  that was not picked up in the ultrasound (r.g. it could be dispersed more) and remove any that they need to and then do the liposuction  - it may well be there isn't any there that needs to be removed but if it was me I would insist they at least check during the op and not rely on the ultraound only. The scars from gland excision on the border of the nipple are barely visible and it will mean you dont risk having to have the operation again if lipo is not enough, the thought of healing and then having to go through it all again would make me ask them to do this.I would not be concerned about an unecessary scar in case not needed etc as I have said they a usually barely visible if at all

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024