Author Topic: 2 Very Quick pre op questions!!  (Read 3304 times)

Offline Chodel

• Silver Member
  • Défectuosité toujours
1) is it ok to do some realtaively strenuous exercise couple days before the op, i can't see that this is a bad thing right?

2) is it sensible to shave off any underarm hair and chest hair?  is this something they do anyway or best just to do it myself night before?

thank you!

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member

1).  Shouldn't make any difference.
2).  Arms, no.  Chest depends on how hairy you are and whether you think the pain of the tape holding the bandage on will be too
      much for you.   They won't shave you as it's key-hole.

Offline steve21

• Posting Member
Hey mate,

Not a good idea in my opinion. Why risk inflaming the area, causing swelling etc. Missing 1 or 2 workouts will make very little difference so just play it safe and leave it :)

No need to shave at all. If shaving is necessary then it will be done in theatre. Good luck :)

Offline Chodel

• Silver Member
  • Défectuosité toujours
thank you chaps.  the exercise was a long bike ride so i figure it should be ok thinking about it!

thanks again

Offline Paddy

• Posting Member
I am quite hairy and they didn't shave any chest hair on me - apparently no need if thye go in from th side. they did shave a small bit of underarm alright. thats it...

Offline Boost

• Posting Member
Might be worth shaving anyway, if only to make removing the dressings less painful.

I woke up to find I'd been taped right across my chest, and from my trapeze almost as far down as my navel.

Removal was hilarious  ::)

B

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Hi,

I don't know who you are having surgery with, but if it is with Mr Levick you will thank yourself for shaving all your hair from your back, chest, shoulders AND under your arms.

Taking those blasted sticky bandages off is hard enough without hair .. with hair it would be murder.

Good luck.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

GynO_DuDe

If its Levick shave your hair NOW lool ...

I have no hair, and when I removed the bandages it decided to rip all my skin off with it (probably because I had an allergic reaction to the glue on the tape!!!)

Offline Chodel

• Silver Member
  • Défectuosité toujours
it is with Levick!

/runs off to shave!

thanks

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024