Author Topic: three week post-op question  (Read 2128 times)

Offline exileman

• Posting Member
Hi my post-op buds:
I'm 3 weeks post-op and I'm still have pain, lumps and bruising. I had severe gyno and I guess at 3 weeks I'm still healing.  Has anyone gone though this???  Please respond.  i'm glad I'm more flat chested, but the pain is still significant. If you had surgery in the past three weeks, please respond. Thanks 

Offline Saturn

• Posting Member
Hi Exileman,

It will be four weeks post-op for me on Wednesday.  I don't have any bruising or lumps, but I am still a little sore.  If I take my compression vest off to wash or for just a little break, that is when my chest hurts.  What hurts is when my shirt brushes against my shirt if I do not have my vest on.   

Offline bob7375

• Bronze Member
HI,
 I AM 7 WEEKS POST OP AND STILL VERY SORE. ONE BREAST MORE THAN THE OTHER BUT STILL VERY SORE. ITS FUNNY BECAUSE WITH NO SHIRT ON I HAVE NO PAIN AT ALL BUT EVEN WITH A LIGHT T-SHIRT ON IT HURTS.  

Offline bhut2180

• Posting Member
I am not as far along as you, 2 weeks today and have significant swelling along with very stiff scar tissue, I talked with my doctor today about how it would have been nice to have known from him or certainly found in research about the after surgery issues and expectations beyond just whether the glands would be removed.  Even though it will take a while it was reassuring to hear that swelling was normal even though it didnt start until 5 days ago. 

So all that said, I do believe our bodies each respond a bit differently.  If you are concerned, contact your PS?  I think another important indicator is how your body has responded in the past to injuries or perhaps surgeries, if you have had any. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024