Author Topic: NHS / Lypo...  (Read 2948 times)

Offline r1

• Posting Member
Had my second consultation today (1 yr after first after losing over a stone). After much reading this site I had it in my head I definately needed gland removal+lypo, but once again he insisted I only needed lypo... He said no matter what case, he always leaves a small bit of gland in and my gland is only small the rest is fat, even thought I only weigh 13 stone 9 pounds at 6'1". I said to put me on the waiting list anyway (max 6 months til suregery), will get my date next week.

So left the hospital not feeling as content as I wanted but I can't afford surgery at the moment so this is my only option at the moment. He said he does about 5/6 a yr (hes practiced for 15 yrs). He said hes never had any complaints and hopes I wont be the first! He said I could have a second opinion but didnt seem too happy about it, plus I would have to wait around 6 months again for the consultation! He does seem like a competent surgeon though.

I'll let you know hopw it goes.

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member
After much reading this site I had it in my head I definately needed gland removal+lypo, but once again he insisted I only needed lypo... He said no matter what case, he always leaves a small bit of gland in and my gland is only small the rest is fat,

He has to leave some gland in otherwise the nipple would collapse, so long as his removing the excess then it should be fine.

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
your lucky if nhs are paying.....i had to travel to carlisle from blackpool and they told me i too had only fat so they reccomend i have lipo. But because it was not severe then they would not cover the costs. I cannot afford it either so at the moment i just have to cope....dont know how much longer i canthough..having a 16mnth old daughter and not being able to take her swimming is killin me.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024