Author Topic: Travel/Health Insurance - r.e. going to Poland for surgery  (Read 2185 times)

Offline CAP

• Posting Member
A question for all of you who have travelled abroad for your operations...

...what did you do about travel/health insurance for the trip?

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member
Personally nothing.  I have travel insurance which runs yearly anyway, though didn't take it or give it a thought. 

From what i was led to believe the only issue you could encounter is bleeding in the chest area, if you are, they go back in and fix it.  This is the reason you stay for two nights.  From a 'technical' perspective there's little to go wrong as is minimum evasion, doesn't involve organs, arteries etc.

They're incredibly through pre-op, more than you would ever get in the UK either NHS or BUPA, i have had op's in all three and would go to Barcelona by choice if i require anything else doing.  Especially as my local health service has been all over the press this week for killing over 90 people with C-diff.  As mentioned on my Barcelona trip, if only UK hospitals had this standards, we would all be better off.

Offline outertrial

I got an EHIC card and travel insurance for theft and what have you. AFAIK theres no insurer that will cover you for problems relating to the surgery.  That Lindabriggs site used to offer it but the company withdrew the policy.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024