Author Topic: Surgery with Dr Benito  (Read 13263 times)

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
Well I have been looking at this forum for long enough and have seen my moobs grow for over ten years so the time has come to have something done about it.

I tried my GP but zero results so I have saved my money and made my choice and Dr Benito is the man for me.

I have read all the posts and looked at surgery in the UK, Poland, USA and now Spain.

It must admit it was a surreal experience enquiring online for a consultation with Dr Benito but in the end booking a free initial consultation on Harley Street was actually very easy. Aida (Dr Benitos assistant) is very helpful and booked me in as soon as she could and even reminded me of the appointment the week before. Harley Street is easy to find and the building is very nice as was the waiting room. In the waiting room I was sat one sofa away from another prospective patient of Dr Benitos that was a unique experience because I have never met another man who was serious about any type of plastic surgery never mind a 'boob job'!!!

Dr Benito has a very strong hand shake (which can only be good) and was only 15 minutes late which for a surgeon I thought was very good. He was straight to the point and told me I had allot of breast buds and one procedure may not be enough. I asked if any revisions were free and he told me no a second procedure would be extra money. Whilst on the subject I asked him how much it would cost (I already knew from this forum) and he told me £2600 including everything even if my wife wanted to stay in the room except for flights and my wife’s food. He told me about bleeding and I may need to go back to theatre, which he said happened one in every hundred cases, and if it did a second trip to theatre would be needed with a second cost that he said would be £500. I asked about revisions/secondary surgery and he said this would be a further £2000. He answered my questions straight away with no hesitation and had a power point presentation with expected results on. He explained about the bruising and after care and said I would need a compression garment for up to 8 weeks but I could return to training in the gym after only a week! In fact he recommended training to keep weight down!

Well I'm sold

I have booked my date and have sent my deposit (yes the deposit has to be transferred no credit cards), which was £260, I had to go to the bank and they charged me £30 for the privilege! They have then asked for £700 in cash and the rest as a personal cheque (although at first they did say I could pay on my card) I have booked my flights and will soon be easyjetting to Spain with my wife and £700 in cash.

The clinic have contacted me and have sent me three consent forms to sign and advice on fasting they are even sending someone to pick me up from the airport.

All my fingers and toes are crossed and I have to say I am a bit nervous which normally I would have thought of as soft but such is life.

If anyone is interested I do have before photos but I will have to figure out how to post them.

And if anyone is interested in the results I will post after the surgery.

Wheter I have done the right thing only time will tell  ???
Surgery DEC 07 Dr Benito
Revision March 09 Dr Benito
Injection for scar tissue March 2011 Dr Levick

Pictures - http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=12440.0

Offline Bob1981

• Silver Member
Well done for finally taking action!  I'm about 19 days post-op with Benito myself and things are good.  I'd be very surprised if you come away with anything sort of excellent results. 

Although, as for training and exercise, I'd give it two weeks before starting anything heavy.  I work as an archaeologist (digging and such) and I didn't feel confident enough to start properly shovelling till about 10 days post-op.  Now, I'm fine with doing physical stuff at work, using dumbells, and riding my bike.  Practically back to normal, apart from still being just a tiny bit sort around the nipples (only to the touch though) and being slightly bumpy due to scar tissue (which should fade in the next few months, hopefully... ???).

All the best!

Offline outertrial

Theres a few us now have seen Dr Benito and we've all been happy. You can post your photos by clicking on Additional Options at the bottom of the reply box. Did he say how likely it would be you'd need two surgeries?

And Bob1981, will you please stop worrying about that scar tissue!  ;)

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
Yes I did ask and he said approx 2 per 100 needed a second surgery.

I have now had the surgery done and I am nursing my bruising and odd lumps as well as the swelling. This pressure garment is driving me crazy but is actually very supportive.

Offline outertrial

great keep us posted!

Offline darrend

• Bronze Member
i am booked with benito for februrary paul it might have been me sitting beside you in the consultation waiting area lol

lets have an account of how it went ?

another_case

Hi guys, I have surgery booked for 13th February too, Dr.Benito must be doing surgery on about 4 of us that day looking at all the posts! Definitely positive that he does so many, I am bloody excited about getting rid of this affliction! I was looking for a top to wear tonight and the way I was choosing it was what would conceal my chest the best, sound familiar? I've been doing that for 13 years now and to be honest I can't imagine not having that issue, it's going to be amazing not having to worry about such a ridiculous issue!

Offline darrend

• Bronze Member
guys does benito supply compression vests?

if not where do i get them and how many do i need?

Offline outertrial

You get one included.  Might want to invest in a second though as its a hassle washing them every day.

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
Well my first four weeks are up  :)

I have to say that the first 2 weeks the results were not just good but were actually spectacular! from the first day following surgery the moobs were gone just replaced with loose akin, however, since then the lumps have increased in size as has the swelling and now one side is now what I am calling a mini moob. I am still very hopeful though because of the great result immediately following the surgery.

After reading a few other posts I can sympathise with the loss of skin as the tape came off as this also happened to me. Not wanting to moan on but it actually hurt more than the surgery!!! I am finally loosing the feeling of being kicked in the chest by a large horse and am getting my sensation back in the operated area.

My back is looking for a new owner because of the compression vest but I actually like it. I wear a shirt for work and you could always see the sagging bits but with the vest nothing, hurray.

Dr Benittos assistant (Aida) has already called me to make sure I am alright and I now have to send off pictures as I don't want to go down to London for a consultation (which would have been free).

I intend to post my before and after pictures including the new mini moob in the next few days.

Offline brad_titt

• Posting Member
good man, congratulations, i'm jealous as hell.

good luck recovering!  ;D

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
As promised here are my (very rare as I didn't like my photo taking) pre op photos

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
And it appears my computer skills are not as big as my moobs

Here is a straight photo!

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
And one from the side (this seems to be customary in surgery)

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
This is 1 day post op after bandages came off and drains out looks much better!!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024