Author Topic: Getting cutt  (Read 3258 times)

Offline domsnips

• Bronze Member
Hi all,
Just another question do you get better results from the surgery if you have less body fat I plan to go into surgery with about 10% will this alter the outcome of the surgery?

The other thing is why are the vests neccessary do they help with the lose skin and things like that?

Offline fed-up

• Silver Member
I would imagine the lower your bodyfat %, the better the results, However only to the extent if someones really overweight rather than in shape. I.e for instance there would be only slight differences if someone at 15% bodyfat would cut to around 12% etc, rather than someone cutting from 30% to 20% etc.

Im currently approximatly 18% bodyfat, & im still cutting, But only because i know that i'll look better after surgery at a lower bodyfat, & because i want a six pack! ha ha GREED!  ;D

but seriously, i personally think itll make little difference if you're already at a low bf%, but if you want to look better after surgery, which i suspect you will, then you might aswell go for it!  ;)
Surgery performed by Alex Karidis - 11/09/08

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Surgeons on this site have stated before that bodybuilders are easy to operate on. I am guessing that would be cause they have well defined muscle contour to follow with the cannula. But you would have to ask a surgeon.

Offline dcvet

• Silver Member
you'd be surprised at the difference 3% body fat can make.  15 - 12 % will look wayyy different - could difference between abs or not.

Offline domsnips

• Bronze Member
Yeah I am at 14% at the moment well that is what the callipers tell me anyway the plan is to get down to the 10 to 11 percent by the 16 week mark. I started the cutt yesterday I have done this sort off cutt before with really good results it is a type of anabolic diet I am not tosure if you guys have heard of it but it is relitively easy to follow but I have added and taken out things in the diest that do and don't work for me and the results have been amazing. I am just hoping that the surgery goes really well I am a bit stressed out about it as I see a lot of peolpe on here are getting very poor results.

I am actually finding that the people that are getting the poor results are the ones that are overweight and for obvious reasons they are getting things like folds or creases in the skin I think that this is due to the amount of fat and gland that has had to be taken out if there is something that I have learnt fom training is that if you lose weight really quikly you are more likely to get loose skin. But if it is done gradually the chances of having lose skin is very unlikely. So this is why I have done everything the way that I have, I feel that if there is not much fat there there is less off a chance of there being issues such as folds and creases and indented nipples. I guess with a overweight person there

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
Any chance of your cutting up diet mate? I am in the same boat as you and will hopefully be having surgery early May, but I really want to get to as low a BF% as I can before the big day. I am way off my desired BF% (no idea what I am at the mo!) and would appreiciate any help. I am training at the mo and really making an effort with my diet, but if you have a good program I would be interested to hear you out.
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
I was told that all lipo is esier and looks better the less fat you are carrying (which seems the wrong way around really) As for the gland what is there is there it will have to be removed regardless of the body fat percentage.

From the pictures I saw pre surgery the bodybuilders did well but then most had low body fat levels to start with

I believe the smaller the gyne is the better the results seem to be generally.
Surgery DEC 07 Dr Benito
Revision March 09 Dr Benito
Injection for scar tissue March 2011 Dr Levick

Pictures - http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=12440.0

Offline domsnips

• Bronze Member
Any chance of your cutting up diet mate? I am in the same boat as you and will hopefully be having surgery early May, but I really want to get to as low a BF% as I can before the big day. I am way off my desired BF% (no idea what I am at the mo!) and would appreiciate any help. I am training at the mo and really making an effort with my diet, but if you have a good program I would be interested to hear you out.

Ok so you have roughly the same amount of time as me and you are also training that is great. I can only really help if you put your corrent program here and I will have a look at it and also put your current diet at the moment I am following a high protein mid fat and low carb diet I use this because I now that it works for me but that does not mean that it is going to work for you. How is your training going at the moment are you loseing your weight does it seem like you are going to reach your goal weight for you surgery please get back to me and I will try and help you because I understand what you are going through and I am sure that there are others here that will help as well with knowledge on training and nutrition.

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
Hi mate, my training is going well despite having only been back in the gym for a few weeks since Xmas after a 6 month lay off! I am 5' 7" tall and was weighing in at 15 stone 3 lbs (213 lbs) at the beginning of January. My target weight is 13 stone (182 lbs which for me is pretty ripped!) and I reckon I have approx. 10 -12 weeks before surgery. Therefore total weight loss target was 31 lbs which equates to approx 3 lbs per week to shift. However I have already lost 9 lbs and so have around 22 lbs to loose, so if I can manage 2 lbs per week until the surgery I should be in pretty good shape, but it would be nice to loose a touch more! After doing these sums I reckon I should be able to do it with my current training routine and diet, providing I can stick to it! Shouldn't be a problem though as I have done it before. I am currently trying a high intensity weights program using medium weight and training each body part every session, 4 time per week which works great for toning, but not so great for building mass. The weighs take approx. 30 mins per session and I also do 30 mins cardio at medium intensity to target the fat and not the carbs. So there you have it. If you can add any further tips please feel free.  ;)

Offline domsnips

• Bronze Member
Well to me it sounds like it is working for you I would not change it at all why fix something if it has not broke. But if you get tired and would like to mix it up a bit try the body for life program it is really simple to follow and the results are great. WWW.BODYFORLIFE.COM. I kind of use it I use some of his principles and then throw in things that I know work and it all just seems to come together when I am training. I do not follow the diet that is reccomended in there it does not work for me there are to many carbs in it for me so I have made my own diet. I still use the training methode to a degree as well I use the split training system with cardio one day and weights the next it takes about 45 minutes for each weight session.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024