Author Topic: Post Surgery Garments  (Read 2162 times)

Offline Baabaa

• Posting Member
After surgery (mines going ahead tomorrow) I gather there are compression vests and t-shirts available to 'hold things together' during the healing process.

I'm having the surgery on the NHS and I'm taking a wild guess that they will provide me with at least one sporty number, though knowing the NHS they might just wrap me in bandages and duct tape (kidding!). Is there a store or website available where I can purchase any other garments I'll need to wear until I heal properly?

I have some Underworks 997 (my emotional plaster) that I cut in half (so they only compress the chest area). Would these be feasible to get into a week after surgery? Or would I be walking around like Mick Jaggar and need something that velcros up the front?

Help is gratefully received! =D

Offline lexuslexus

• Bronze Member
this is the kind i got for after my op, (gotta say im actually sat in one now), and its awesome lol

http://designveronique.com/cgi-bin/ic/dv2/640.html

quite expensive though as its about £57 from eurosurgical who actually sell them in the uk.
compression vests are there to make sure everything is held together nicely when healing, so as to prevent againt shock of moving about, making sure there is on room for extra swelling or fluid, and to make sure the skin and tissues stick together properly to heal.

i was told to wear one for 4 weeks 24/7 apart from showering which i could do after 7 days post op.
hope this helps

DrBermant

After surgery (mines going ahead tomorrow) I gather there are compression vests and t-shirts available to 'hold things together' during the healing process.

I'm having the surgery on the NHS and I'm taking a wild guess that they will provide me with at least one sporty number, though knowing the NHS they might just wrap me in bandages and duct tape (kidding!). Is there a store or website available where I can purchase any other garments I'll need to wear until I heal properly?

I have some Underworks 997 (my emotional plaster) that I cut in half (so they only compress the chest area). Would these be feasible to get into a week after surgery? Or would I be walking around like Mick Jaggar and need something that velcros up the front?

Help is gratefully received! =D

I prefer to fit each of my patients myself for both their First Stage After Gynecomastia Surgery Garments and their Second Stage After Male Breast Reduction Surgery Vest.  These links can also be used to learn more about the garments and purchase them.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024